Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys. first of all i love the site! And second, although i dont have my jeep yet i will soon be trading my truck for a 1994 wrangler 4cyl 5spd. So i figured i would ask the veterans on this site for some info haha. But i was just wondering if there was anything you all think i should know about what to expect with the jeep and just anything i should look for or watch out for? The jeep has the soft top in case that helps anyone. Thanks to all!

·
Registered
62 Posts
that's what my jeep is and I love it!..The 4cyl is under powered, especially with 31's on her but you just learn to drive smarter, I can keep up with the 6cyls, just need to shift more and watch what your doing.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Well, all I can say is.........Jeeps have been around since 1941, and served in several wars. They're tough little vehicles, and you can do a lot with them. You just have to remember that they're not tanks, and you can't push them beyond what they're able to do. They handle different than cars, and even pickups. They're damned good in mud and snow. ( Especially snow! ) They're still relatively easy to work on, compared to what's out there nowadays.

As one member stated, the 4-bangers are a tad under powered, but if you down shift and keep up your revs, it'll be just fine. Keep 'em tuned up, put decent tires on them, and drive them with some skill, and you're gonna be hooked on them just like the rest of us.

I've had three Jeeps, my latest an '06 Rubicon.

Welcome to the Jeep world!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts