Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've tried the search function and read just about every thread about heater controls. Trying to figure out if something is not working, or quirky Jeep thing. So here goes...

The temp control (blue-red) doesn't vary the temp of the air coming out of the vents. It's hot enough to cook your lunch all the time, regardless of where you set it. The fan seems to work normally, and the position selection(panel-floor-defrost) moves to what you set.

I took the control out this afternoon to check for loose or missing vac tubes and or electrical connections or maybe a broken/missing linkage. What does the small potentiometer behind the temp control do? Does it control a remote actuater or supply an analog voltage to a computer(that would control an actuater)?

Its not the end of the world if it doesn't work, but even here in MN there are nice days you don't need full heat.

Do I need a new control panel, or something else or is this a normal condition (quirky jeep thing)? Almost forgot its a '03 SE Stocker.

Sorry if this got long and Thanks in advance!

MN_Chuck

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tried that. Glued small crack before tearing into console, no change. What are the chances the panel controls are kaput?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Had a chance to look into this tonight... Actually made time tonight, coming home from work fan motor decides it's only working on the high position. I'll pick up a resistor tommorrow...

Now about the not being able to adjust the temp: I found nothing, thats right nothing. Some yahoo before me decided to REMOVE the actuator. So the reason I can't adjust the heat is the actuator is GONE. I can manually flip it between hot and cold so the door itself is OK (guessing).

Can someone on here help me out with a part #'s for the:

1. Fan motor resistor
2. Blend Door Actuator

Thanks in advance!

MN_Chuck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts