Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I just bought a 06 Wrangler X, and I'm kind of short so sometimes it's tricky to get in the thing if I'm parked on uneven ground. I've been browsing the different options, and I think I want to get Jeeperman Rock Skidz, but I'm still not exactly sure. I'm looking to spend about 300 bucks, and minimal drilling. Suggestions?

·
Registered
353 Posts
The Jeeperman skidz are pretty good from what I've heard, and Poison spyder makes some good ones too. I've got the ORF rock sliders and they take a beating. Any good rock sliders will have you drill into your tub but it's not that bad, you just have to get over drilling that first hole.

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Skitzic said:
Ok, so I just bought a 06 Wrangler X, and I'm kind of short so sometimes it's tricky to get in the thing if I'm parked on uneven ground. I've been browsing the different options, and I think I want to get Jeeperman Rock Skidz, but I'm still not exactly sure. I'm looking to spend about 300 bucks, and minimal drilling. Suggestions?
if you aren't gonna go offroad and you just need something to help you in and out of the jeep then just go with nerf bars...otherwise, shrockworks makes a GREAT pair of rocker guards...i read a review of them off a web site and the site loved them...and i read a group of 12 reviews about them and EVERYBODY gave them 10 stars! a perfect 10 out of 12 people! thats pretty good considering none of the other reviews are near that good

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I was going to go with the nerf bars, but then I talked to some jeepers in the area and they told me to lose that idea because the rocks in the area will kill them.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
The Jeepermans will stand up to the punishment and make a good step. Plus you don't have to drill any holes.

If you want something with more protection look at their Rock Sliders

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got the Jeepermans, and they went on pretty easily too. The hardest part was getting the helper to hold the thing straight while I tried to line it up.

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
looks pretty sweet but you'll lose a little clearance...those would be great as long as you don't do wheelin' where rocker clearance is an issue...like me, it isn't an issue for the type of wheelin i do

1 - 11 of 11 Posts