Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife owns a four door 11 soft top. I'm looking for a lift/tire combo. This jeep is a daily driver and I do have 2 small children. I just want to increase the ride height a little and give the jeep some aggressive looking tread and stance. I don't do much off-road but will hot the trails from time to time. Any suggestions would be great and pics of them would be awsome. Thanks for the time.

·
Registered
498 Posts
bigsmitty24 said:
My wife owns a four door 11 soft top. I'm looking for a lift/tire combo. This jeep is a daily driver and I do have 2 small children. I just want to increase the ride height a little and give the jeep some aggressive looking tread and stance. I don't do much off-road but will hot the trails from time to time. Any suggestions would be great and pics of them would be awsome. Thanks for the time.
There are countless threads on this topic. There's a search function that you will find very useful. Welcome to WF!

·
Registered
530 Posts
aev 2 1/2inch lift will do what you want and keep stock ride. pricey though. i hear good things about old man emu, nice selection of spring rates.i will let others talk about tire sizing.

·
Sponsoring Vendor
4,422 Posts
There is about a million and one different ways you could let this go. A lot will depend on your budget and how you want it to perform! We would be more than happy to help any way we can! Feel free to PM, email, or call at anytime!

-Jason

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
From a thread earlier this month:

Quote:
Originally Posted by adb1723
hey guys, i'm new to offroading and this forum, i want to lift my jeep about 1.75-2.00" for the few times a year i will be going off roading, i don't want to break the bank or lift it anything higher than that because its my daily driver and i drive 50 miles a day round trip. any help on what i should look at buying would be great. thanks!

I'd recommend looking for a set of Rubicon springs for your Jeep, and running 33" Duratracs (since you live in upstate NY...DuraTracs rock in the snow, and come siped).

You want the Rubi takeoffs to be 19's (front) and 60's (rear). If you look at the top of your current springs, you'll see a tag that tells you what stiffness they are. Last two #'s in the sequence are the spring stiffness. If they are, for example, 14's up front and 54's in the rear, you'll get a lot of bang for your buck outta the 19/60 Rubis.

Depending on your current setup, the Rubi springs will net you 1-2" all by themselves. On top of that, add a leveling kit to fix the natural rake of your Jeep, and you'll be right around the 2" you want, and still be able to eat a filet mignon for dinner at a nice restaurant.

Good luck with it! :thumb:

·
Registered
52 Posts
I just recently purchased a 09 Unlimited (4x2). I do not go off road hence the 4x2. I did want to give it a better stance. I added a 2" lift (coil spring spaces front and rear). It took about 2 hours or less in the garage. I picked it up from a local off road parts store(Cajun Offroad) for 140.00 with tax. You can get these spacer kits everwhere including eBay for about 120.00 or so with out shipping. I kept the stock tires since I had changed them about 3 months ago. After the install and a reallingment it looks much better. I have a 3 year old and a 18 month old and both my wife and I have no problems getting them into their seats. In fact the 3 y/o can still pull himself into the Jeep by himself. I was told that anything more than 2.5" of lift then a shock replacement is highly recommended.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts