Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to Jeeps and to this forum. Apologies in advance if any of these questions have been answered.

I'm in the market for purchasing a YJ and I'm interested in purchasing a YJ wrangler (I luv the square eyes!!) and see one that I like on ebay.

Whats do you guys think of it?

I live in NY City, don't plan on going tough mudding with the jeep, it will be a daily driver and I would prefer one in good/great condition(no time to work on one). Also I luv the YJs in white!

Thanks!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I own a '93 YJ and I love it! You wont be sorry it you get it. There are a ton of add-ons and upgrades you can do to make it better. Good luck on your purchase.

·
Registered
326 Posts
That is a good looking jeep, but here in Texas you can find 4.0s for about the same price. I've owned three jeeps in the last 10yrs. A 4.0 cherokee, 2.5 TJ wrangler and my current 4.0 YJ wrangler. The 2.5s are fine for around town and off roading, but if you ever plan on getting on the highway, be prepaired to get passed by minivans and using your 5th gear will only be fantasy. That being said, the 2.5s are still a jeep and make for a good first wrangler

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks for the kind words reguarding my heep. Even though mine is a 4L, thats why I converted it to automatic. The 5speed was fine for town but when I hit the highway with the 35's, 5th gear was worthless. The main reason I converted it was for rock crawling. Much easier with the auto!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts