Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I just saw a '05 Rubi with hardtop and 130k miles (high miles!) listed for $11k. Even though this is high mileage, it seems like a good deal to me since I'm usually looking at non-Rubi Wranglers that are '98s or '99s with high miles anyway for around $8-9k.

But since I'm unfamiliar with Jeeps I wanted some opinions on such high mileage and issues that might arise.

Thanks a lot,

Wes

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
Sounds like a good deal if it has a clean title (not a salvage title).

You will have to look it over and see if you can determine any problem areas...check under the rugs for leaks or rust. Check the engine compartment for road salt corrosion, etc. Look for any fluid leaks, so you know what you are getting into.

Also, one more thing...make sure its truly a Rubicon. There are jeeps floating around out there that have $2 Rubicon stickers, but are really just X's or Sport. So be sure of what you are getting.

:thumb:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
From the pics it looks like an actual Rubicon because I 'think' that I can see the lockers button. And I did a vin check on www.nicb.org and the title was 'clean', not salvage.

wes

·
Registered
529 Posts
Definately make sure it's a Rubicon and not a Rubiclone. :thumb:

·
Registered
69 Posts
As long as its a 4.0 and been properly maintained then 130k is nothing. If i were you take it to a trusted mechanic and get his opinion after he gets it in the air and checks everything that may need replaced. Oh and if its a stick make sure the clutch has been replaced.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Look it over good. 130K is a lot of miles. I wouldn't but it if it appears to have been a regular mudder or on the beach. Highway miles are a different story. Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts