Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at a 2011 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited. It has 13,500 miles and they are asking 39,000. Is this a fair price? It has leather, nav, XD rims with 33" tires (I think)

Thanks to all up front. :)

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Hard to say really, but thats almost as much as a new one. But because they hold their values really well it happens.

That is one of the reasons why I descided to go with new over used.

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
I am looking at a 2011 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited. It has 13,500 miles and they are asking 39,000. Is this a fair price? It has leather, nav, XD rims with 33" tires (I think)

I'll let emoticons to my talking....

:eek:.............:rofl:

·
Registered
107 Posts

I payed 32k for brand new 2013 JKUR with less then a mile on it. No nav, leather or hard top tho. You can be the judge on if thats a good deal. If I were you I'd buy new and get a left over and save some $ :thumb:

·
Registered
380 Posts

:eek:
My recommendation is to do this: :flipoff: to the seller and run the other direction! :angel:

·
Registered
201 Posts
Go buy a new one for that with the 3.6. I test drove a 3.8 before i bought my 2013 and the new motor drives much nicer, and you should easily be able to get a new one with those same options for 39k, especially if you can find a leftover 2013

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
run like hell..... you can easily get a new one for a few thousand less.

·
Registered
59 Posts

Doesn't seem like a good price if you can get a new one for around that price. However, consider your location as prices fluctuate from region to region.

Don't just run away from the dealer if his price is too high. All information (KBB, Craigslist, ebay, WF, etc.) you have is potential ammo for negotiations. Try to get him to come down to a fair price. If he doesn't, take your time to shop around and after a while that dealer may come down on his demands. Usually after it sits on the lot for 60 days they start loosening up on the price.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks to all for the input. I am new to the Jeep market and want to make a well formed decision before purchasing my first Jeep. I will continue to research for better options.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I just looked up trade in and retail value on KBB, 31k and 36k respectively. Maybe its not a bad price, but I would find out for sure everything that is packaged with that jeep then look it up on KBB. Then try and get the price lowest they will go from the retail value. If you have to stop at other dealers and see similar packages vehicles then do it.

·
Registered
873 Posts

As other have alluded to, from what I can tell they are trying to charge you full MSRP for a new JK Unlimited Rubicon PLUS the cost of the mods.

Honestly, if you were to buy that new, you could expect to pay perhaps 37,000 dollars depending on what sort of deal you work on the Jeep/Options and Wheel/Tire package.

For a vehicle that is...hmm...3 model years old...not a snow balls chance in Hades. Where I'm living, that's maybe a 32,000 dollar Jeep at this point, maybe 34,000 all in if you pay for the wheels and tires.

My thing - I don't pay full sticker for other people's mods. Here's why - you'd give me the Jeep with tires and wheels that would cost almost precisely the same amount (Rubi wheels and tire are NOT cheap from the dealer) as what you're trying to sell me at full price. If I like the modification I am willing to pay the DIFFERENCE in price between stock and modded, but never full sticker.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I had a feeling this was WAY too high. Thanks to all for the input. I will look further. It is a sharp Jeep though. My want got in the way of my need, I guess?

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
too much. I paid less for my AEV used.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts