Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Pat. Just became a Jeep owner 2-18-16. Bought a 2015 Wrangler Sahara with only 300 miles on it. An older couple traded it in after only a few months of ownership. It was too rough they say.

I have been doing a lot of research on here about upgrading to the Pioneer 6100. But can't find all the answers I am looking for.

I have the low end 130 radio. I do not believe I have the connectivity package, but again I can't seem to find an exact answer in my paper work. There are no phone icons on the radio. I do how ever have the auto dimming mirror.

Back to my question. If I upgrade what all extras do I need to buy to go with it? Adapter plates? GPS antenna?

Thanks for the help and patients.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Congrats on the purchase. I got a picture in my head of 2 80 year old people getting the dentures shook out of their yaps when driving to church. Sounds like you got a great rig. As you will find there will be all kinds of ways to modify the Jeep and the factory sound system is right up their with the factory headlights. You will soon also find that those speakers in the Jeep are pitiful excuses for sound.
Welcome to the club. The mod bug is very addicting. There is no cure once you take your first hit. The nice thing is its a healthy addiction in my opinion and this is your support system. We are all addicts!

·
Registered
474 Posts
Yea me too. I can't leave it stock... Not completely, no matter what it is. I won't do any major mods to the Rubi-HR when it comes in, but I'll do some... Wheel adapters, exhaust and other odds and ends, but nothing major. This morning I removed the Pioneer head unit from the car I'm getting rid of to buy the Jeep. That head unit is going into the Jeep at some point this spring. I'm hoping the "Premium Alpine Speakers" are adequate with the Pioneer HU. If not, I see a couple component sets of Inifity Kappas in its future for the dash and sound bar :)

Have fun with it!

·
Registered
131 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts