Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A buddy of mine has transmitted the wrangler bug to me and now that I'm in the market for a new vehicle I'd love to purchase my first one. I'v been combing these forums for weeks now and getting great info and now I'm hoping I can get some direct feedback from some more experienced members. So here is my situation. I would really like to buy a new 2015 Sport S Anvil with hardtop and possibly the power convienence group. I'v looked at every dealer around and there are just virtually no anvils so I thought maybe it would be worth it to place a factory order. Same buddy that sold me on wranglers highly recommended a dealer so I called and spoke with him. I told him what I'm looking for and also told him I would plan to use the tread lightly discount. He ballpark quoted me at around 31. Would I be dreaming to try and get this down further? How do I know what the invoice will be? Also I received a $500 coupon email from Jeep. Can I use this in conjuction with TL? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Ask him straight out for the invoice price worksheet. If he's willing to work +/- from "invoice", he should be willing to show you the invoice #s.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Anvil is for sure a tough color to come by i had to place a factory order for mine because they couldn't find an Anvil 4 door, with 3.73's, max tow package, mopar package and connectivity package, within 300 miles after tired of them trying to locate one for 2 weeks is aid screw it and had Jeep build a 15'. It depends what packages you added to it, From what you said you just have the sport s and power package, 2 door 4 door? I was quoted for my JKU at around 34k and through wheeling and dealing I talked the dealer down to 31k. So i think it is very possible to get that price a lot lower. i did it.

As far as combining discounts, that may fall under dealer preference, a lot of dealers that take a little off MRSP. don't take more then one discount. Well in my experience at least anyhow. If i were you id build a Jeep you want, find out the MSRP get a quote from the dealer and work form there, if you have to wait 4-5 weeks for the Jeep to come in (i did it) so be it at least you know it has everything you want in it.

·
Premium Member
2,990 Posts
If you order one you should be able to get 3-5% off of INVOICE. Ask for the EP (employee price). That's usually around 4.7-5% off of invoice. Ask to see the price sheet. Should show Invoice and MSRP for all the options and should list HB (hold back), EP and FFP prices.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Wow quick responses. Thanks a bunch guys. Forgot to specify, 2dr!
2 doors start at $22,795 and the sport s model jumps you up to $25,595. Adding all of those add ons you listed bring you to about $29k. Of course there are always those additional dealer costs and taxes and what not. But the price of the Jeep its self should be able to be worked a little, play your cards right you might be able to get that Jeep for less then what you've said earlier, its all a game to dealers. My advice would be to play ball.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Some more questions: i think I'm pretty sold on wanting the power convenience group but what is everyone's opinion on the connectivity & trailer tow groups? Worth it? How about the 430 U connect; is that the 6.5" screen?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you order one you should be able to get 3-5% off of INVOICE. Ask for the EP (employee price). That's usually around 4.7-5% off of invoice. Ask to see the price sheet. Should show Invoice and MSRP for all the options and should list HB (hold back), EP and FFP prices.
3-5% when ordering? Really? I'm surprised I figured ordering would give me less bargaining power.

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
I recently ordered a JKUR here in So Cal and got 5% off invoice without too much trouble. As SoCalRubicon suggested above, my dealer shared the price sheet that showed MSRP, Invoice, Hold Back, Employee Price, etc.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just wanted to let you guys know I purchased the 2015 2dr anvil! Thank you all for the help and advice. I ended up getting 3.9% below invoice. Excited to be a newcomer to the jeep community!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts