Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my 17 Rubincon recon and looking to lift it. I will be using it a s a daily commute car. Would like to run 35s tires and wanted input on which lift kit and whether or not i so should go with a 2.5 or 4 inch lift since that's all Jeep has available that would be warranted.

Thank you all for your input and look forward to learning as much as possible form this site

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
The Mopar 2 inch is all you need to run 35s. The 4 inch is overkill. Stick around here, read all you can. Tons of great info here.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Thank you. Would you say i will still get the aggressive look with a 2.5 inch lift which i think mopar as per jeep is 2 inches. Also what tires and rims would you recommend i know the rims are a matter of preference but i am thinking 18s at least

The Mopar 2 inch is all you need to run 35s. The 4 inch is overkill. Stick around here, read all you can. Tons of great info here.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
That's all a matter of choice. I'll be going with Nitto Ridge Grapplers on a 17 inch wheel for mine. Lots more choices and better prices in the 17 inch size.

Look at the different threads​ on here. Lots of great pictures of lifts and tires. To me, the combination of the 2 inch lift and 35s are the best look for the JK

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i know i will be crucified for this question but would the 2.5 or 4 inch lift effect my mpgs. looking through the threads but havent seen anything with the 4 inch or 2inch mopar lifts

:atomic:

·
Registered
242 Posts
Anything you do in the way of a lift and larger wheels and tires will lower your mileage. More weight & less aerodynamic.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Anything you do in the way of a lift and larger wheels and tires will lower your mileage. More weight & less aerodynamic.
figured as much but worth a shot. will just go with the 35s and 2.5 inch lift. don't want any issues in the future since it will be my daily car

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
278 Posts

2017 JKUR HR with Mopar 2", 17x9 wheels and 35x12.50 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. Very happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SO i get to jeep to pick up my jeep which i put a deposit on last week and they tell me the dealership which they did a swap with sold the vehicle and i need to factory order it. I am like wtf u kidding me so now they are telling me i have to factory build it from scratch which takes 6-8 weeks. I am at my wits end now and to make matters worse they aren't even compensating me for their mistake. Unless u count minus 1500 from msrp your idea of doing the right thing.

·
Super Moderator
14,506 Posts
SO i get to jeep to pick up my jeep which i put a deposit on last week and they tell me the dealership which they did a swap with sold the vehicle and i need to factory order it. I am like wtf u kidding me so now they are telling me i have to factory build it from scratch which takes 6-8 weeks. I am at my wits end now and to make matters worse they aren't even compensating me for their mistake. Unless u count minus 1500 from msrp your idea of doing the right thing.
Around here you can get 8% off MSRP without any problem... At least $3500 and sometimes $4000.

·
Registered
18 Posts
2017 JKUR HR with Mopar 2", 17x9 wheels and 35x12.50 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. Very happy.

Bump. I just got a 2017 JKU Rubicon. I was wondering how much in height did the 2" lift and 35" tires actually add to your rig?

I literally only have a 4.5" in extra clearance for my garage door :blackeye

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Bump. I just got a 2017 JKU Rubicon. I was wondering how much in height did the 2" lift and 35" tires actually add to your rig?

I literally only have a 4.5" in extra clearance for my garage door :blackeye
Most lifts take the weight of accessories (winch, jack, etc) into account when figuring their height, so if you don't have those heavy accessories or add-ons, you'll often get more than the advertised height. You could get as much as 3-3 1/2 inches from some 2 inch lifts. And then figure in another 1-1 1/2 inches from the increase in tire size.

Basically, you may have an inch or so to spare or you won't make it, lol.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I agree with the post above. I have read somewhere on the forums that the Recon has a small lift over the stock sport wranglers. If that’s the case then you might only get 2” from where you currently are. I would try to find the forum on someone lifting a Recon to confirm. I netted about 3” with the lift before adding the winch. I’m guessing a 1” -11/2” on tires. My stock tires were basically 32s.

·
Registered
3,962 Posts
It seems you may have some legal options here. If a price was agreed upon and money was accepted, that sounds like a contractual agreement was established to me. I would look into this some more.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts