Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my first jeep a 2002 TJ 62000( Depending on how old the lift is i know it could really be about 75000) miles very clean. I have some general questions and have been reading this forum trying to get a little education. It has a 4 inch lift looks like thr roughgh country but has adjustable lower control arms , looks like stock upper control arms, front sway bar disconnect, different pitman arm , and looks like transfer case was lowered about 1,25 inches. Is that at least a mid range lift? Next It has 315/75/16 and I know they are to big I am thinking 285-265/75/16,s to help the drivability untill I can afford to change the 3.07 gearing. Are 265 just to small for a 4 inch lift? I am still happy with the jeep just use 4 gears on highway 3 in town. My wife is also happy LOL. Thanks for your thoughts Chuck Kamb

Attachments

·
Registered
916 Posts
I bought my first jeep a 2002 TJ 62000( Depending on how old the lift is i know it could really be about 75000) miles very clean. I have some general questions and have been reading this forum trying to get a little education. It has a 4 inch lift looks like thr roughgh country but has adjustable lower control arms , looks like stock upper control arms, front sway bar disconnect, different pitman arm , and looks like transfer case was lowered about 1,25 inches. Is that at least a mid range lift? Next It has 315/75/16 and I know they are to big I am thinking 285-265/75/16,s to help the drivability untill I can afford to change the 3.07 gearing. Are 265 just to small for a 4 inch lift? I am still happy with the jeep just use 4 gears on highway 3 in town. My wife is also happy LOL. Thanks for your thoughts Chuck Kamb
Well Chuck, I'm not sure what you are asking.
Most of your questions are user preference.
I'm guessing you have a stick shift you didn't really say.
The current tires seem large for a 3.07 gearing. But some here would disagree with me.
You are happy with it as it is, and so you say your wife is also.
So what do you really want to know?

BTW, :welcome: to the forums.

·
Registered
245 Posts
285/75r16 tires are almost 33" tall which is fine for your 4" lift, the 265/75r16 are just under 31" tall which wouldn't look right with a 4" lift imo. And do yourself a favor and get rid of the dropped pitman arm and put the stock pitman arm back on. The dropped pitman arm will throw off the suspension geometry and create bump steer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts