Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being that there was a lot cleared up in the other insurance thread with who does and doesn't cover off-road and what does and doesn't constitute off-road...I thought it would be interesting to see the differences in insurance rates between different members. In most cases when a vehicle gets older, insurance gets less expensive so for the last 2-3 years of JK owners, how much do you pay monthly and who are you with?

I am currently with Mercury, getting my policy finalized with progressive tomorrow. With Mercury, full coverage, I am paying $122. With progressive it's closer to $160 but that's with 6k in mods added and better insurance.

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
There is a lot that goes into insurance premiums. Not only are age, credit, location important, but so are things like the level of coverage you carry.

That being said it's really hard to compare. I have $200k/$300k full coverage plus $200k non insured coverage for my 15' JK and my wife's 13' T&C. We pay $67 a month from Geico.

My deductible is $1000 each on both vehicles for collision and comprehensive. Age 34. Live in Richmond VA.

Now if everyone includes that info, it's a better comparison.

I called Geico and talked with them about off-roading and whether I needed a separate policy. They said as long as I don't go over 6" of lift or run over 40" tires I'm fine and covered. The only thing I'd have to do is get the vehicle to a "usable" road. Read your insurance documents and there should be language about what you can/can't do in your vehicle.

·
Registered
429 Posts
$72 full coverage 12 jkurx rubi with mod. I asked about covering mods and was told the policy is for replacement so just hold onto receipts and have lots of pics.

$500 deductible
$250k each person / $500k each accident bodily injury coverage
$100k property damage coverage

Same numbers above for uninsured/under-insured, full glass coverage.

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
$47/month full coverage State Farm
2015 JK Sport S stock

$500 deductible
$250k each person / $500k each accident bodily injury coverage
$100k property damage coverage

Also have homeowners, boat and another car with State Farm

I have been driving 45 years and have been with State Farm for about 30 years and live in the suburbs about 30 miles from Philadelphia.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Just to chime in here, really check into a company before you sign up. Just because you save a few bucks, it's not always in your best interest. I was in a bad wreck a few days before Christmas , not my fault, other driver blew a red light. Totaled my truck, pretty good shoulder injury that is going to require surgery and a few months rehab, etc. I've had my current policy over twenty years with no claims. My original selling agent retired over 10 years ago, and since then the company has been bought out a couple of times by larger ones and I've just dealt with them online and paid my premium once a year, homeowners and auto. They gave me a pretty good rate ,especially since I paid yearly. Well since the accident it's been nothing but headaches, can never reach anyone on the phone, it's always the "I'm away from my desk right now, leave a message" crap, and maybe they call you back. My adjuster I dealt with was a beotch with an attitude, the guy handling the payout for my truck sounded like he was 95 and flatout lied to me, it's been a nightmare. Took me over a month for them to pay out my property loss, always an excuse, and I was constantly on the phone trying to chase them down to get that. I bet they're on the ball to get they're money back from the other guy's insurance though. I haven't even started on the medical yet. As soon as this mess is over and it could take awhile since I've decided it's in my best interest now to get an attorney, I will be shopping elsewhere.
Don't want to name names, lets just say the parent company hasn't "been on my side".

Sorry for the rant, just a warning sometimes you get what you pay for,:rant:
Bob

·
Registered
291 Posts
2008 jku

$65/month. (Allied)

250/500/100

$500 ded.

Rental car, glass replacement(a must with a JK)

I could probably find a little cheaper but I also have an awesome homeowners policy tied to auto that nobody can beat.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Wow nice. What is the year of your jk and who is your insurance company?
Insurance: USAA
Full coverage: like 250k or more
Vehicle: 2015 JKUR

FYI: I had previous accidents but they've all dropped and the JKUR is the cheapest insurance I've ever had. My 2013 Prius was more expensive that the Jeep.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wow these are some really low rates! . I'm in California. Anyone else in California paying $50-60 a month. Most of you are paying about half what I am. I have a Rubicon but still. Anyone else in CA paying so little?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Jeez I wish I was paying $60.

I'm paying about $270/mo. I'm also 20, live in LA, and currently paying off my loan. No accidents or tickets though, and this is through AAA. And I'm in an 09 JKU.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Insurance: Met-Life Auto
Jeep: 2012 JK
Coverage: 50/100/300, $500 Deductible
Cost: $920 a year or ~$76 a month

I've been with met-life my entire driving career. It's went up every year since I got the Jeep and I'm fed up. I haven't had a claim since 2004 when a Taurus spun out in front of me and I t-boned them at about 2 mph, was deemed their fault. I feel I pay too much and need to start shopping around.

·
RETIRED MODERATER
36,101 Posts
Your rates will very by State, and traffic conditions in your Zip Code.
Age, Male, or Female also play a part in it.
Number of accidents, or traffic tickets will make a difference.
^^^All of this plays into the equation.!!!!!!!!!

The reason that my rates are so cheap, is because I live in a rural area, along with my age, no accidents, or traffic tickets.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts