Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put my new engine in and have a few issues... First of all, im now getting fuel and the engine is turning over but it isnt firing (the gas is backfiring out the carburator after a few cranks) I also cant seem to find a vaccum diagram for all the hoses, it almost seems like a guessing game at this point! If anyone can give me any help on these things, I would GREATLY appreciate it!

Thanx again!

Chris:(

·
Registered
81 Posts
Backfiring through the carb is a timing problem.
Cam-crank alignment, distributer placement, plug wires, vaccum lines aren't going to keep it from starting.
Be careful not to overwork the starter.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I just put my new engine in and have a few issues... First of all, im now getting fuel and the engine is turning over but it isnt firing (the gas is backfiring out the carburator after a few cranks) I also cant seem to find a vaccum diagram for all the hoses, it almost seems like a guessing game at this point! If anyone can give me any help on these things, I would GREATLY appreciate it!

Thanx again!

Chris:(
Be really careful about having it backfire through the carb. If you have a power valve in it you'll blow it out!

·
Registered
781 Posts
a little story my dad had an old cj 304 3spd i believe and it was back firing through the carb and after working on it he took it out and all was fine then he got on it and the thing caught fire so he ended up putting it out with snow... keep in mind he only paid $300 for it but its a great story

1 - 5 of 5 Posts