Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
..shall not be infringed!
4,666 Posts
Gee, I guess Jeeps aren't for metrosexual girly boys. Get a Prius!

And what's this assertion that the JKU is Jeeps answer to the Hummer? This guy mist be a real Jeep history buff, jeez. This passes for journalism today?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Seriously...

2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4x4: Jeep's answer to the Hummer H2. But did anyone ask the question?
So when did they start letting the newspaper's food critic write about cars? This is embarrassing. I'm surprised he was able to see over the hood with his prostate in the way.

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Oh yeah ?? wait til the 2012 is tested ( by someone that matters).

My 2012 has got "4x4 of the year" written all over it.

It is outstanding.

AJ:)

·
Registered
87 Posts
What an idiot... did he actually say "And with the front panels out, the front gets really bright while the backseat stays dark". That's weird because I was expecting the back seat to get bright and the front seat to stay dark...

·
Registered
147 Posts
I thought this was an old article until I looked at the date and saw it was written yesterday. Why write a review on a car who's replacement is now sitting on showroom floors?

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I thought this was an old article until I looked at the date and saw it was written yesterday. Why write a review on a car who's replacement is now sitting on showroom floors?
Because he had a deadline for a column, writer's block, and had just finished a round of golf with his buddy that is a salesman at his local Jeep Dealership.

·
no retreat, no surrender
975 Posts
So. I wrote to Scott this morning>> Hello Scott. I'd like to comment on your comments re: the 2011 JKU.

Reviews are many times personal opinions... of which we are all entitled. I do however, find it a bit odd that so many *jeepers* love the JKU (yes, myself included), yet you write as if no one does. Check out the jeep forums if you don't believe me.

Another thing I find rather odd, is to find a *review* of a model, when the replacement model is sitting on car lots? New engine. New transmission.

I however, purchased my (second) jeep a month ago, replacing the old one with a 2011. Knowing the new engine was on its way..... the tried and true just works for me.

So - I'll stop now. Although I could go on and on, debating a review is pointless. There are however, many of us that love our jeeps, for what they are, and use them for what they are intended. To get us off road, and have fun doing so. I actually use mine off road for work!

Oh, btw, not Chrysler's answer to a Hummer. That's a bit of blasphemy - lol! Jeep owners spend their time pulling Hummers out that get stuck ;- ) That is if they (Hummer owners) ever venture off road...

Happy Trails,

And this was his reply>> If you're in Utah, Mexico and California, you're probably putting the Jeep to the test. I just discourage it for the King of Prussia Mall trips. :) And that's where I think most of my readers are headed.

Not being Consumer Reports or Edmunds or Car and Driver, The Inquirer settles for what's available when it's available. Still, I haven't seen a release date for the new one yet.

Thanks for taking the time to write.

Scott Sturgis

·
Registered
293 Posts
Embarrassingly tricked out: A "Call of Duty Black Ops" decal on a black Jeep? Even 10-year-old Sturgis Kid 4.0 thought that was hokey. I called it the fully pimped Hot Wheels treatment, especially at $700 for the badging, hood decal, and mineral-gray wheels.

That is about the only point I agree with him on. Everything else in the review is misinformed and pure garbage.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
"Critics are legless men telling others how to run"

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
YTSE JAM said:
The part about being a dinosaur is not true. :rofl:
I think the dinosaur was the reviewer/reporter. He just listed bullet points. I kept waiting for a review. Worthless.

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
M'eh, at the end of the day, who cares?

It's not the vehicle for him and he doesn't see the appeal of its bare bones simplicity and functionality. Others may read his review and decide the same is true for them. I'm good with that.

Jeeps actually aren't for everybody. My mother visited us awhile after I got mine and hated it--she prefers her "champagne" colored Lexus sedan. My toddlers think it's the coolest thing in the world.

·
He's no good to me dead.
1,070 Posts
I like how this guy is reviewing the 2011 at the end of model year. Maybe next week he will tell me about how good the picture looks on my new CRT console tv with wired remote

1 - 19 of 19 Posts