Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
B-Day is coming up so I'm once again in the market for a new mod.

Im currently at 3.75 inches of lift all suspension, sye, 33's, some auxiliary lighting and a few other things that I have done to make my jeep as capable as possible without cutting corners. I now have the decision to make between a winch, front locker, full sized spare tire, 1.5' spacers, or a 1.25 body /mml lift. Obviously they all differ in price and performance gain but I'm leaning towards the winch or locker as of now. Will I have to upgrade anything to counter the weight of the winch on the front, will it sag? Any Input appreciated!

Attachments

·
Knows a couple things...
49,020 Posts
If you're still running the skinny hollow factory tie rod, that would be next on my list to upgrade. THEN start thinking about other things like lockers and winches. The factory tie rod is unbelievably light in design and becomes the immediate weak point once you install larger tires like 33" or bigger.

And between a locker or winch, I would ALWAYS choose the locker first. If I didn't have lockers I'd be forced to be constantly winching myself over trail obstacles. You can always borrow the services of another Jeeper's winch or strap when needed on the trail but you can't borrow the services of a locker that will help you continuously on that trail.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Full size spare for sure

·
Registered
507 Posts
Nice bfg's. I've always liked them but they don't clean out well in the mud. Sound like suction cups on the rocks too!

If I were you I'd go locker up front if you don't plan on going bigger, as that dana Turdy doesn't shine as well as others all polished up. If you do plan on going bigger bury your bday funds out in the north forty untill your ready, unless you want a winch.... Or even a cheaper lunchbox for the time.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, yeah it's now all come down to an d30 front Aussie locker and a hi-lift or a spare 33" and a hi-lift both good options to me I figured I could hold off on a winch sitting on my front end for now

·
Registered
10,020 Posts
Locker all the way. The D30 is plenty stout for one with 33's. Forget about the Hi-Lift. Your bottle jack is just fine. Look at the Aussie or Lokka. Lokka is the same unit as the Aussie and a bit cheaper

·
Registered
185 Posts
I'd go with Jerry's advice I have lockers and a winch. I use my lockers almost every time I go wheeling. I've only used my winch three times. Only because my friends needed help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts