Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Folks, anyone out there using a window suction mount for your 6P nexus phone?

I am looking to use mine as GPS as well as for hands free etc. My current outdated GARMIN is on the left hand side of the dash in front of the tweeter but mounted on the suction cup to the window. Prefer it that way.

Anyone else using something similar or can offer recommendations?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hey Folks, anyone out there using a window suction mount for your 6P nexus phone?

I am looking to use mine as GPS as well as for hands free etc. My current outdated GARMIN is on the left hand side of the dash in front of the tweeter but mounted on the suction cup to the window. Prefer it that way.

Anyone else using something similar or can offer recommendations?
I ordered this today for my 6P. I don't use the CD player anyway (I'm more of a SAT radio or bluetooth guy), so this seemed like a great way to hold the phone w/o obstructing the windshield.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HRKI5V2?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=od_aui_detailpages00

·
Registered
107 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys! I've got my Garmin NUVI in the left corner of the dash just in front of the tweeter so am used to things being out of the way and wired conspicuously. I'm looking to kind of keep that look however I am having major issues attempting to find something close to what I'm wanting that doesn't have complaints of "suction cup doesn't stick" etc. etc.

The RR Wrangler Dash Organizer looks decent. Can you remove the mount when not in use and throw it in the center console or something making things look less out of place or is it permanent fixture?

I was thinking of something like this even; notice the prongs on the bottom giving more support to the device?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...&tag=androidcentral00-20t=androidcentral00-20

·
Registered
107 Posts
Thanks guys! I've got my Garmin NUVI in the left corner of the dash just in front of the tweeter so am used to things being out of the way and wired conspicuously. I'm looking to kind of keep that look however I am having major issues attempting to find something close to what I'm wanting that doesn't have complaints of "suction cup doesn't stick" etc. etc.

The RR Wrangler Dash Organizer looks decent. Can you remove the mount when not in use and throw it in the center console or something making things look less out of place or is it permanent fixture?

I was thinking of something like this even; notice the prongs on the bottom giving more support to the device?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...&tag=androidcentral00-20t=androidcentral00-20
Yeah that looks decent. I actually use my RR one horizontal, not vertical so prongs or support isn't necessary. The RR holder is tight though. Doesn't fall out, even off-road.

Sadly you cannot remove it. It's screwed down. I agree, it would be nice to easily remove, but I'm so used to it sitting there it doesn't bother me too much.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah that looks decent. I actually use my RR one horizontal, not vertical so prongs or support isn't necessary. The RR holder is tight though. Doesn't fall out, even off-road.

Sadly you cannot remove it. It's screwed down. I agree, it would be nice to easily remove, but I'm so used to it sitting there it doesn't bother me too much.
I actually discovered this one this morning at the office...

It having NFC is pretty cool cause you can set it to automatically load Google Maps or WAZE or whatever your GPS of choice is when you "dock" it. Also, you can turn the volume (not ringer but app volume) up or down depending if you want the speech on turn-by-turn GPS.

As I do YouTube stuff I reached out to see if they would ship to Canada and they will; I'm awaiting a review copy. The USB-C to USB-C comes with it as does everything you see here. Would be perfect for the vertical Nexus-6P and WAZE or Google Maps.

If I were to buy it I'd be like "mmmm pricey" but it does come with the cable and that makes it worth it! I'll post here some pics once I get my hands on it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts