Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone, proud first time Jeep owner here!

Just had a new rubi dropped off at my house a few days ago (never even went to the dealership!). She's headed straight to Rebel Offroad in OC on Monday to go under the knife.

Having the following work completed:

Teraflex Elite 4" lift
17.5 Trail Grapplers
5.13 gears
sleeve, gussets and chromoly shafts
KOR bumbers
RSE auto step sliders
Nemesis fenders
JW Speaker headlights
Rancho tube doors
SWS top and tube door mesh
Weather tech mats
Bestop deck cover
Spyder tail lights

Really looking forward to getting her back! Will provide a full report on my experience.

Awesome forum and group here, look forward to learning and enjoying this place!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Wow not going to the dealer is a big plus lol but nice build list gonna be cool. I wish I could justify trail grapplers such a cool looking tire but since I deal with snow a few months a year there just so unpracticle

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys - Meatball, the buying experience was quite interesting. Was going to order but saw one on Jeep's website that was an exact match to my order. Called around, found a dealer who would talk, did the deal over the phone (invoice -$500), and asked them to deliver it to my house. Never saw it before hand as the dealer is 50 miles away. Owned plenty of cars in my auto-career, this was the first time I signed the long form on the coffee table in my family room ;-). Pretty cool experience.

Jer, I'm in AV. Nice to meet you guys!

·
Premium Member
8,894 Posts
Great build list and a good shop to go to. Just a word on the step sliders. My buddy and I both bought those. Both of us go on the rocks here in SoCal. Both of us had to eventually replace those with PSC sliders. The mechanism does not do well coming down on rocks. The pivots are made of aluminum. They work awesome if your just gonna trail it though.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
After a bit of delay on parts, I finally dropped my jeep off this morning to go under the knife.

And a bit of positive feedback thus far, I've been dealing with Ryan for the past few weeks on this build. I've been a relentless pain in the ass, and he's provided great customer service. Recommend.

Gunner, thanks for the feedback on the RSE sliders. I did a bit of research and found results consistent with your finding. Having two kids, 2 and 6, and an eyeball rolling wife, it was either RSE or ACE. The latter was a non-starter. Probably will be taking it easy the first few years on the sliders, this is my DD and will become a 3rd car eventually.

Sent the link to this thread over to the Rebel Crew in an effort to coax out some photos of the build.

How about some pictures of the gore, guys? ;-)

·
Registered
643 Posts
Been crazy busy here at the shop, so I apologize for the delay.

Here are a few shots I snapped yesterday.

Here's one looking straight across through the axle to the other side.

Stock Control Arms

Gas Tank and Y Pipe Removed so we can weld in those control arm/ crossmember mount.

Fountain of fire.. Here we're cutting the original mounts off.

Don't look at the light!!
This is why we wear masks when welding...

Now that's a clean weld! Expect nothing less from Rebel Off Road!

Hope you enjoy! I've taken more today, but won't get around to uploading them until a little later tonight. Hang in for more pics either tonight or tomorrow.

-Boots

·
Registered
643 Posts
Knuckles Front Bumper
Warn Industries Zeon 8000S
Rigid DOT/SAE Fog Lights
Poison Spyder Fairlead
Factor 55 Prolink

These steps retract as soon as you shut the door, so pulling off the photo below with only myself present was interesting!

·
Registered
643 Posts

Another successful build straight from the bunker. Now it's the client's turn to show us some pictures of this beauty in action! Let's see some scars!

Safe trails WF! See you at the The Bunker!

- Boots

1 - 17 of 17 Posts