Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having to replace my nitto mud grapplers. I have 35x12.5x20 and I am trying to decide between the trail grapplers or terra grapplers. The mud grapplers are way to loud and wear way to fast. Any suggestions would be appreciated.. Thanks

·
Registered
50 Posts
I am looking at the Trail Grapplers myself. They are quite heavy but are priced well for a M/T tire. The look also can be changed depending on which side of the sidewall you choose. Really aggressive looking tire also. A neighbor of mine has them w/ about a 3in lift and they look awesome. I believe he's rockin' 35's too.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks T-huff... I have 20"rockstar rims with a 4 inch rough country lift. Do you have any thoughts on the terra grapplers? I'm really worried about road noise. The mud grapplers are so loud you can't hardly talk over them. Thanks

·
Registered
50 Posts
The Trail Grapplers are quieter than the Mud Grapplers so that's a plus. The Terra Grapplers are an All terrain so they will be the quietest. Not as aggressive obviously but you give and take. I believe the Terra's will last longer also, but don't hold me to that.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have no experience with Terra's on my Jeep but I have had 2 sets on my Duramax and I love them. My first set I got almost 70,000 miles out of. They are quiet but get a little noisier the older they are. As for offroad its hard to say because the diesel is so much heavier. But that thing is a tank in the snow. Not bad in the mud but I try to stay out of the nasty stuff. I am going to put the Trail Grapplers on my Jeep just for the more aggressive tread. I don't think the tread on the Terra's would do much on wet or muddy rock uphill.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I think I've made a decision to put the trail grapplers on my jeep. They just look so much better than the terras. I noticed a lot of people complaining about how heavy they were but I figured they can't be much worst than the mud grapplers I have now.....oh well

·
Registered
92 Posts
Trails

we have the trails. about 8K miles on set, road noise is not offensive. noticeable, yes. we usually raise window with hard top on, during longer runs. around town, no big deal... soft top and without, much more noticeable.. would it keep me from buying them again.. most likely not, as long as my end of life mileage is with reason.. these are supposed to be 40K life tires, with regular visits to Discount Tire and maintaining right inflation pressure, hopefully they will get past 30-35K ?

I had 285/75/18 Terras on my previous 08 Tundra 4x4.. They wore like a champ and were nice and quiet. I kept them for winter tires for my 12 Tundra. They have about 22K miles on them, with 50% tread left...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts