Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
New here, but can't find find any feedback on this. So, wanted to ask. I have a new JKU Rubicon HR. I'm putting a 2.5" Metalcloak ARB lift on it. And I want to put new wheels and tires on it, too. I'm going with 17x9's. And I want to put Nitto Trail Grappler's in.

My question is: How should I read the differences--other than height and width-- when I look at Nitto's chart below?

I've read that the D and E rating is less important than the load rating. If true--and regardless--I don't understand the dual rating on the 315's. And not sure I fully understand the rest of the chart, and how it should influence my decision between the 315 70's and the 35 12.50's.

Any input would be appreciated.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,104 Posts
New here, but can't find find any feedback on this. So, wanted to ask. I have a new JKU Rubicon HR. I'm putting a 2.5" Metalcloak ARB lift on it. And I want to put new wheels and tires on it, too. I'm going with 17x9's. And I want to put Nitto Trail Grappler's in.

My question is: How should I read the differences--other than height and width-- when I look at Nitto's chart below?

I've read that the D and E rating is less important than the load rating. If true--and regardless--I don't understand the dual rating on the 315's. And not sure I fully understand the rest of the chart, and how it should influence my decision between the 315 70's and the 35 12.50's.

Any input would be appreciated.

I'm not sure about the dual load rating as well. I would be cognizant of two things. Load rating and weight. The 'E" rated tire will be stiffer, and therefore not ride as well. That may be an advantage in the rocks (stiffer/stronger sidewall). The second being weight. To spin that weight takes horsepower, more braking to stop, better shocks to dampen. Things to consider for your build. It could be argued that the differences here are not that large to be that significant, but you do have a choice. I hope this helps, choose well.

-Steven

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
315/70/17 and 35/1250R17 are essentially the same. Just different lingo for the same tire. The 315 is offered in two load ratings because to some buyers, this meets their specific need to have this option. Nittos are true to size and very heavy. Great tire, can't go wrong really.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts