Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

So I’m interested in some Nitto Trail Grappler 35/11.5r17 in part because they are a thinner 35” tire but also because they are listed as Load C instead of the typical E for these which I am hoping will result in a slightly softer ride in my JKU.

So, I called Nitto today and they said they are 10 ply tires like all the others and the load rating was strictly related to the max psi. In this case 80 for E and 50 for the C. I asked what the structural diffferences were in the 35/11.5r17 that warranted the 50psi as opposed to 80psi, thus getting the C loaf rating, and they were unable to explain it.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
23,202 Posts
on Nitto's web page it says they are 6 ply. It states that load C rated tires are 6 ply, D rated 8 ply and E rated 10 ply.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not concerned with what PSI to run. Wondering if it will have a softer ride than the E’s I normally run.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
on Nitto's web page it says they are 6 ply. It states that load C rated tires are 6 ply, D rated 8 ply and E rated 10 ply.
. I see that now. Wondering if whoever I spoke to today just didn’t know what he was talking about.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Nitto doesn't have a clue about anything. If you look at one of their other tires, the Ridge Crappler, they show a C and an E for the 285/75 size and both are listed at the same weight, which makes a guy think they are the same tire with different branding on the side.

Why would a company do that? That's retarded.

I wouldn't expect much else from the only tire manufacturer to get consistently poor reviews for their A/T tire and mixed reviews for their X/T offering.

I say just order them up and run what you get. Nobody is going to use max PSI on a Jeep anyhow. Typically 25-30 is good for the street.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nitto doesn't have a clue about anything. If you look at one of their other tires, the Ridge Crappler, they show a C and an E for the 285/75 size and both are listed at the same weight, which makes a guy think they are the same tire with different branding on the side.

Why would a company do that? That's retarded.

I wouldn't expect much else from the only tire manufacturer to get consistently poor reviews for their A/T tire and mixed reviews for their X/T offering.

I say just order them up and run what you get. Nobody is going to use max PSI on a Jeep anyhow. Typically 25-30 is good for the street.
I saw that and is one of the reasons I called them. I can always just air down but really want a true C load 6 ply tire with the weight reduction that SHOULD accompany it. May just roll the dice and order.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts