Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
They are not the first to do that. I have a friend that works for ford and he has had Election Day off before. Not sure If they were closed yesterday. Romney still would have lost even if he won Ohio.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Chrysler (Jeep) has friends in very high places. My Jeep likes to go to very high places at the top of the Rockies too. All politics aside, I'm very glad I was able to buy a 2012 Wrangler.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
huhhhhhhhhhhhh

·
Registered
29 Posts
I think all of the OEM's give election day off. I think when it's a non-election year they get the first day of deer season off.

·
Registered
190 Posts
That's correct. All hourly Ford personnel were given the day off as well. It is part of their UAW contract

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
It was actually something that was worked out by the unions many years ago so that they can get all of their members to the polls to vote for the Democrat candidates who cater to the unions.

Pretty ingenious move on their part, actually...

·
Super Moderator
23,782 Posts
I worked a 12 hour shift got 2.5 X pay for the day and still made it to vote. I worked 6am to 6pm and was voting by 6:15pm, unfortunately my one vote did nothing. It looks like the red states should get together and become our own republic, we have all the oil and produce all the food lol.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I worked a 12 hour shift got 2.5 X pay for the day and still made it to vote. I worked 6am to 6pm and was voting by 6:15pm, unfortunately my one vote did nothing. It looks like the red states should get together and become our own republic, we have all the oil and produce all the food lol.
+1 couldn't agree more :( really wish this had turned out different

·
Registered
347 Posts
The reality is that it should be a national paid day off for everybody and everybody should vote!!
Here are few more realities for you :

1. The reality should be voting on Sundays (like the rest of the world).
2. The reality is that the tipping point between takers and givers is moved and the takers voted in this scum bag.
3. The reality is that in the next 4 years he may be doubling the number of takers.
4. And final reality is that this is the end of any democratic elections as we know. When you have HUGE number of takers, guess who are they going to vote for ?

·
Registered
995 Posts
regardless of who you liked or disliked less in the elections, back to the OP's point:

Cudos to Chrysler for supporting democracy - such that it is anymore. Union forced day off or not, it is a point in their favor that they would participate in the process

& I personally agree about Sundays. I voted early even though I could have taken off 2 hrs from work as per state law. Too much to do -like visit WF!

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Soooo why is this in JK tech??

·
Registered
347 Posts
Cudos to Chrysler for supporting democracy - such that it is anymore. Union forced day off or not, it is a point in their favor that they would participate in the process/QUOTE]

Cudos my a$$ !!
What process ? Sending workers to vote for the candidate they are in bed with ? What planet did you land from ?
Cudos for spending my tax dollar on their day off ?
Cudos for pay back to Obama ?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.