Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have no 4wd. I took the vucuum lines off of the mechenism on the axle and there is no vacuum. What could be bad? The front drive shaft does spin just not the wheels.

·
Administrator
12,630 Posts
something might be clogged... good new is you can by pass the lines and just pin(with a few washers) the shift fork in the axle housuing in the 4wd location if you need the use of 4wd today.. note if you front shaft is not balance you might get some vibs...

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It worked one day and about a week later it didnt. All it did was sit in the garage. Is it possible to remove the vac lines at the t case? Would this tell me anything?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Its all one hose assembly/harness from the t-case to the front axle (and the intake manifold.) I pinched one of the hoses on my '91 under a dual battery tray I added and had no 4WD. I replaced the hose assembly/harness and back in business but not after getting stuck with no 4WD coming home in the snow and having to stop and put chains on! Total embarrassment!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts