Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 1992 YJ will not get out of its own way. was running fine until today. do not drive everyday but today it would not accelerate. any ideas???:surrender:

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
It could be just about anything, we need more detail. What is your engine/trans, any mods?

Does it run smoothly otherwise, or does it also cough and sputter?

Any recent changes or mods?

Have you done any trouble shooting yet? You need to verify the three main things for an engine, fuel, compression and spark. If any of them are gone or problematic you will get problems.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no accel

4.0 5 speed idle fines but once engaged in gear it is very sluggish like it is getting no gas. at stop can push the pedal and rpm's rev up. but once i get going it is bogged down. now we did have the hurricane here in maryland and it was out in the storm.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
yes, sounds like fuel; check your fuel filter and if possible verify your fuel pressure. (im assuming fuel injected)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gonna replace fuel filter, now that I think of it had same kind of problem with Subie years ago I am not original owner.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all your help, turned out it was a bad throttle cable. Replaced and back to its old self

1 - 6 of 6 Posts