Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I woke up this am to my JKU's horn blowing and lights flashing. Push the unlock on the key and got a steady horn. Went outside turned it on all dash lights were on with noBus wipers were going at a constant speed and the radio still worked. Tried the banging on the Dash that I read about that did not do anything. Most info I was finding was for Tjs and XJs. I disconnected the battery for 30 mins reconnected it and now have a Jeep that still starts but now have no lights on the dash at all including the Odometer area. Im going to start tearing the dash apart and checking connections. Im just wondering if there is anything else I should tear apart and check. Im also thinking I may need to replace the battery as it apears to be the original.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update after disconnecting the battery for an hour it still starts, radio works lights work keyless entry works. However I now have nothing on the dash with either gauges, lights or messages. The down side is its now supposed to start raining shortly so I won't be able to get the dash apart today now to see if it's the connections behind the dash. I'm open to any ideas. I'm also going to call the dealership shortly and see what they say.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for the advice everyone. I am currently waiting on it to stop raining so I can pull the dash apart because I just went to move it and it wont come out of park now. I didnt try that this AM so dont know if it is new or started the same time. I pulled the battery and got it tested it was at 440 out of 600 at 82 degrees. The print out just read the battery needs charged and not replaced. Reading mulitple topics on related symptoms I have it down to needing to check behind the dash, replacing battery and seeing if that fixes it or needing to replace the TIPM or some have magically fixed themselves.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update I still haven't got the dash apart but did replace the battery. Initially I still had all the gremlins. Leftt it disconnected while I went to work last night. Reconnected everything this morning and used the spare key to start everything is back to normal. Did this fix everything I'll have to wait and see. We have been getting poured on and will continue to get dumped on for awhile yet here. Once it stops in going to pull the dash apart. I have also started trying to source a tipm just in case I end up needing one

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Update I still haven't got the dash apart but did replace the battery. Initially I still had all the gremlins. Leftt it disconnected while I went to work last night. Reconnected everything this morning and used the spare key to start everything is back to normal. Did this fix everything I'll have to wait and see. ...
Everything appears back to normal and you are still planning to tear the dash apart?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I still don't know what caused the issue in the first place. So I want to get into everything and check all connections put some dielectric grease on everything. Make sure there is no exposed wires anywhere that maybe grounded out. That way if it happens again I'll be able to rule out stuff that I know I checked and improved on from factory but now I can wait until I'm actually off for a few days to do it. Now I can go back to figuring out what lift kit, tires, gears and if I want to do lockers at the same time now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This just happened to me too. 09 Jeep Wrangler was fine when I parked it, but it rained really bad last night is only thing that happened. I parked it on the drive way front bumper slope down. I usually park it front bumper slope up. When I opened the door it was wet on the driver side the sun visor was dripping water and the rear view mirror, and the left bottom corner of the dash speedo window was fogging up. I managed to start it but it dings won't stop, and all the lights come on, the windshield wipers come on can't be stopped, a message no bus pops up on display, and the red security led stays on even with engine off. I managed to get it into the garage, but I don't know where to start from here.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Its alive!!

Well this is what I did,
Pulled the battery positive did the electronic reset mentioned. Jeep Parts, Jeep Accessories & Jeep Soft Tops From The Jeep Parts Experts - Quadratec, then put power on cleared all codes with obdII, then let it sit for a week under the fan. Noticed, the battery died replaced it with an optima. I was going to do that anyway. Cranked it up ran fine no dash lights always on, sec LED went off, and headlights worked. Better there was no tone. Turned it off rescanned with obdII no errors. I'm not sure if it was all from the battery diving on me or combination of the insides getting soaked. I bought a cab cover for bad rain to use.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My son had everything shutdown on him while driving. We have "no bus" on '07 JKU and left it in south Charlotte. I plan on checking the battery cables first and then take off the dash to clean the part behind the steering column. Some kind of connectors a guy said on youtube for his TJ.

We'll see how things go tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ended up needing a new battery. Thankfully I didn't take apart the dashboard.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts