Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Looking for some help here. I am super close to completing this 6.0 swap into my 2000 TJ. Trouble is now I have it all running and driving but I am getting a no bus message in the instrument cluster.

I trimmed everything but Coolant temp and oil pressure sensors from the engine side.

I'm wondering if maybe I clipped something I shouldn't have or if I should be looking elsewhere. I had zero "no bus" issues before the swap.

Thanks,

Chris

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
Sounds like you are trying to use the jeep cluster w a gm engine

I don't see that happening...

·
Registered
15,655 Posts
The 2000 tj uses a CCD twisted pair bus

The data for the cluster gauges comes from the pcm

The sensor outputs goto the pcm then the pcm encodes it on the CCD bus and sends it to the cluster

CCD data also goes to the air bag controller and the skim module if you have skim

Unless you have the tj pcm connected the cluster will not function and if 1999 or 2000 or an xj 2001 CCD bus cluster the odometer will say no bus

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys,

Looking for some help here. I am super close to completing this 6.0 swap into my 2000 TJ. Trouble is now I have it all running and driving but I am getting a no bus message in the instrument cluster.

I trimmed everything but Coolant temp and oil pressure sensors from the engine side.

I'm wondering if maybe I clipped something I shouldn't have or if I should be looking elsewhere. I had zero "no bus" issues before the swap.

Thanks,

Chris
Hello Chris.
I am having the same problem after a ls1 swap. I have checked the powe at the black pcm plug also ground and the data like voltage is there. But still have a no bus issue. Have figured your problem out. If so you maybe able to help me.
Thank you for any help.

·
Retired Moderator
100,513 Posts
Hello Chris.
I am having the same problem after a ls1 swap. I have checked the powe at the black pcm plug also ground and the data like voltage is there. But still have a no bus issue. Have figured your problem out. If so you maybe able to help me.
Thank you for any help.
Welcome to the Forum, from Cave Creek AZ.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts