Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening all, new to the community and I am hoping someone with way more knowledge than I can help. I have a 2003 Wrangler (4 cylinder) it’s an old plow Jeep that I don’t use often. As we move into the winter months I wanted to get it ready. When I tried to start it, it would not turnover. I replaced the battery, starter, barrel cylinder, and ignition switch all to no avail. I put a fuse in #20 fuse holder to supposedly bypass the neutral safety switch (someone said this would not work because it is only for automatics and I have a manual). Ran a wire from my starter to battery terminal (it would turn over and not start) any help would be appreciated! Thanks...Joe

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Good evening all, new to the community and I am hoping someone with way more knowledge than I can help. I have a 2003 Wrangler (4 cylinder) it’s an old plow Jeep that I don’t use often. As we move into the winter months I wanted to get it ready. When I tried to start it, it would not turnover. I replaced the battery, starter, barrel cylinder, and ignition switch all to no avail. I put a fuse in #20 fuse holder to supposedly bypass the neutral safety switch (someone said this would not work because it is only for automatics and I have a manual). Ran a wire from my starter to battery terminal (it would turn over and not start) any help would be appreciated! Thanks...Joe
For starters, you need to have this question in the TJ section.

Don’t know abut TJ’s, but with a JK the key switch has to be held inthe “start” position, or one can crank it all day and it will not fire.

But, if you ask the mods to move this thread to the appropriate section, you might get better answers.

·
Retired Moderator
100,492 Posts
Thread Moved.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts