Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to ask this question in my other thread but I didn't want anyone to confuse the two problems. So a few days ago, my dash lights went out. Kind of just thought I'd deal with it and replace it eventually. Got pulled over last night and found out that my tail lights are out too. I changed the fuse in slot number 1 inside the glovebox. Hasn't fixed anything and none of the other threads were very clear on how to fix the problem. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Do the front parking lamps work?
Do the turn signals and brake lamps work in the rear?

You have multiple fuses that control the instrument lamps and tail lights.

Would check both the under hood and under dash fuses first.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Still haven't been able to fix my problem. Due to my lack of mechanic or electric knowledge I haven't been able to experiment too much. So I also noticed that my secondary lights on the front are out too. They come on with my headlights normally.

image-1871004335.jpg

Any ideas?

·
Registered
71 Posts
On my 97, in the fuse box behind the glove box, (I think) the top right fuse just below the spares is the fuse mine pops and does the same thing with the dash and tail lights.

·
Registered
238 Posts
If you play with the headlight switch, pull it all the way out then push it in a little,(easier in the dark) will dash lights come on? Try it, if that works , remove the headlight switch itself, unplug it and you may have burned or melted terminals on the switch and/or the wiring harness plug

1 - 9 of 9 Posts