Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Weather down here in Houston is going to feel amazing for the next two or three weeks. I might go both.. but not sure. Doors or Top off? I dont have a soft top or bikini or anything like that yet.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Which do you prefer? I'm too paranoid about losers messing with my jeep so I leave the hardtop on usually. It is fun to have it off sometimes though.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
I live in FLA. Top off always. never leave anything in the jeep. Only have taken the doors off once, but I may pull them this weekend for the beach trip. Wife likes having the doors on.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
doors off, top off, windshield down :thumb:

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
I run with soft top on. No windows all the way around and I made some tube doors that I almost always keep on
you made your tube doors?? they look awesome

·
Registered
105 Posts
Well not sure about the laws in Houston but in Utah if you go doorless you need at least a drivers side mirror. That being said if you have one go doorless and topless!

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
If you have a soft top and take the doors off. it's a good idea to at least take the back window out otherwise the top turns into a parachute. ;)

·
Registered
110 Posts
I made the doors . I just could not see paying that much for pipe but I have access to a pipe bender. So if u have access to one and can weld it wasn't much to it. I did put mirrors on them. Louisiana law states you need one side mirror. True about the back window it's always up.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I'm addicted to going doorless, the only reason they're on right now is cause of some issues with my doorless mirrors. Sometimes I'll keep the top on and just get rid of the windows and door surrounds, that way I get a little protection from the hot Louisiana sun. but nothing is quite the same as no top and no doors. Personally I've got my eyes on my windshield now, it's only a matter of time before I fold it down.

·
Registered
755 Posts
I run topless and doorless from the time it warms up in the spring til the time it gets COLD in the fall, unless we're spose to have a week straight of storms. Nothin better that that

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
I made the doors . I just could not see paying that much for pipe but I have access to a pipe bender. So if u have access to one and can weld it wasn't much to it. I did put mirrors on them. Louisiana law states you need one side mirror. True about the back window it's always up.
too bad you dont live closer, I would bribe you with beer and money for a set.

I dont suppose you have dimensions and whatnot you could pass along....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts