Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the seasons have changed and I am using things on my 12 JKUS that I haven't used before...like the heat. I've got luke warm heat on the driver's side and good heat on the passenger side. Doesn't matter if it defrost, vent, or on the floor, it blows cool on the driver's side. Any ideas??

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
Antifreeze low?

Do you have Climate Control?

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Mine is same way. Just left dealership, not totally fixed.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine is same way. Just left dealership, not totally fixed.
What did they say your problem was...or did they? I have manual control...and the antifreeze is full.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
I have a thread going on this issue right now. "Heater in JK".

·
Registered
4 Posts
No heat

I work at a Jeep dealership and have had a few of these. We have found the heatercore to be partially clogged. You can flush them if you are out of warranty, we have been replacing them if vehicle still has warranty. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mine does the same, no heat on the drivers side. Your heater core is probably clogged. A dealer technician told me dodge has an issue with dirt in the block during casting that clogs the tiny lines in the heater core.
My 2010 unlimited has to go in next week to have the heater core replaced for the third time. It only has 69000 kms on it. What will I have to do to make the dealer do a complete flush f te engine block? I am not willing to pay to have the heater core replaced once the warranty expires.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mick2222 said:
I work at a Jeep dealership and have had a few of these. We have found the heatercore to be partially clogged. You can flush them if you are out of warranty, we have been replacing them if vehicle still has warranty. Hope this helps.
Thanks,
Just took my new Wrangler into the dealer is morning to have the heater core replaced.
I guess they've done a few of these as they ordered the heater core as soon as I told them I had no heat on the drivers side.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
15 Posts
This is why I go here before going to the dealer or anywhere else...time to make an appointment to get mine checked.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts