Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a new 2015 JK in september and I've been trying to save up for some new tires and wheels. (I'm currently running stock wheels and tires)

I saw a JKU at a dealership with 35x12.50 R18 and fell in love with the size.
But i'm thinking of only going with 17s because of the price factor.

He's my daily driver, but I also want to eventually get into some off roading too!

Right now, I'm thinking i want to go for 35s which I think is around 315 in metric. Or is that to big for a stock jeep without a lift? will it cause rubbing?

I'm a n00b when it comes to this stuff, still learning!
Opinions would be great!
If you have any pictures of your JK on 35s or 33s, id love to see them!

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
Big tires, lift kits, love and Jeeps are like peas in pod BUT there is an associated cost to do it right and an ever bigger cost if you try to go cheap first.

There are thousands of pictures in the picture forum of every possible rim, tire and lift combination possible. Also check out some of the threads in the JK Tech Forum regarding 2.5" lift and their benefits. This will help you decide if you really want to go with 35s or maybe go a bit smaller. Also read this link regarding rubbing tires:

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f27/largest-tire-on-stock-jk-heres-your-answer-142837.html

·
Super Moderator
16,383 Posts
I got a new 2015 JK in september and I've been trying to save up for some new tires and wheels. (I'm currently running stock wheels and tires)

I saw a JKU at a dealership with 35x12.50 R18 and fell in love with the size.
But i'm thinking of only going with 17s because of the price factor.

He's my daily driver, but I also want to eventually get into some off roading too!

Right now, I'm thinking i want to go for 35s which I think is around 315 in metric. Or is that to big for a stock jeep without a lift? will it cause rubbing?

I'm a n00b when it comes to this stuff, still learning!
Opinions would be great!
If you have any pictures of your JK on 35s or 33s, id love to see them!
You can run 33's on a stock Jeep with proper back spacing. Even then, there is a small risk of rubbing while off road. The 315/70-17's are basically 35's and need a real 2.5" lift to run properly.

i have a 2012 wrangler unlimited with 255 70 r18 tires would like a wider tire without too much difficulty any ideas
A great replacement for stock Sahara tires is the 275/65-18 Duratrac. It's the exact diameter of stack and 3/4" wider. You can also go up to the 275/70-18 which is a 33" tire. Most do not rub, but occasionally you might get a Jeep that has a tiny rub at full lock.

Also read the link spinlock posted...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts