Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 209 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have no kids or grandkids. It seems the only reason I would want the JKU 4 dooor is for the extra towing capacity, or just room for more junk. Am I missing something? Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,641 Posts
Offroad there advantages and disadvantages are different then the 2dr wranglers do to length and wheelbase. In the end it's all about how much room for others and crap you want to carry with ya.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A little more information, I'm in my 60's, and cashing in my IRA and buying something I've always wanted, ever since I was about 8 and got a toy Jeep and trailer. Played and played with it, in fact, I rescued it from my Moms house when she sold out. I still have a truck, my wife has a car, and the Jeep is my mid life toy. I've read hundreds of these posts, but can't decide whether 2 or 4 door. All help or suggestions greatly appreciated.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
53,784 Posts
realter said:
A little more information, I'm in my 60's, and cashing in my IRA and buying something I've always wanted, ever since I was about 8 and got a toy Jeep and trailer. Played and played with it, in fact, I rescued it from my Moms house when she sold out. I still have a truck, my wife has a car, and the Jeep is my mid life toy. I've read hundreds of these posts, but can't decide whether 2 or 4 door. All help or suggestions greatly appreciated.
:wavey:

I think you will be happier than a pig in poop driving a 2 door or 4 :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
realter said:
A little more information, I'm in my 60's, and cashing in my IRA and buying something I've always wanted, ever since I was about 8 and got a toy Jeep and trailer. Played and played with it, in fact, I rescued it from my Moms house when she sold out. I still have a truck, my wife has a car, and the Jeep is my mid life toy. I've read hundreds of these posts, but can't decide whether 2 or 4 door. All help or suggestions greatly appreciated.
Guess it would depend on how often you would need the extra room and what you plan to do with it. Longer can be good and bad. If you want more room because you are brining others with you or like to keep extra stuff in your car then go 4door. 2door is more my speed. What do I care if the passengers have room. Wait.....I don't even have a back seat lol.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
105 Posts
I always wanted a Jeep, but the two door was just too tiny for me...basically the Jeep version of a two door sports car. I wanted to have room for some stuff (like suitcases or golf clubs), and maybe the occassional couple to go have fun with. The 4 door was perfect for my needs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
647 Posts
2 door for life! i love mine and it actually has more space than you think if you fold the back seat down TONS of space for junk and don't even get me started on when you take out the back seat the only thing the four doors have is that they can put a full size blow up mattress in the back if needed
 

·
Proud Wrangler Owner
Joined
·
717 Posts
Good question. Tough decision for me. I will have to decide when I get to that stage of my life.

Leaning towards 2-door if my wife has a 4-door. But, if my wife get's a 2-door I will probably get a 4-door so between the two of us at least one of us has a 4-door.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
83 Posts
I bought the 4 door for its size. I was never a huge fan of 2 door jeeps to much of a roller skate for me. Always had trucks and as soon as the 4 door jeeps hit i knew it would be my next vehicle. I prefer driving if we go places so its easy to haul 4 people or plenty of room for my GF and the dog, dog gets front seat :rofl: during holidays off we took 2 hour drive to ikea and got a 7 foot mirror plus alot of other stuff and got all 3 of us home on top of other chairs and the mirror easily. The only thing better then removing 2 doors from a jeep is removing 4 :thumb: Best thing to do is test drive both and see how it feels.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
Dylanjwhall said:
2 door for life! i love mine and it actually has more space than you think if you fold the back seat down TONS of space for junk and don't even get me started on when you take out the back seat the only thing the four doors have is that they can put a full size blow up mattress in the back if needed
It is surprising how much space there is without the rear seat.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,474 Posts
I bought the 2 door to force me to carry around less crap. Lovin it.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
83 Posts
My kids are grown up and out of the house, 99% of the time its just me riding....with that being said, I did not even consider the 2 door. Its nice to have the room just in case. Same reason I got a Jeep I guess, may not need the capability all the time but its nice to have when you do need it.

In the end though its your Jeep, your call, buy what strikes you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,419 Posts
I bought the 2 door to force me to carry around less crap. Lovin it.
LOL!!!! Same here!!!!

I think you need to think what stuff you are carrying around, and if you need the 4 door for it. Camping, etc...

I look at the 2 door as a cool convertible, that isn't a miata...At all.

I actually did look at 4 door, and thought back how many times my backseat was used in the past year, and could only recall a few occasions, that set my mind for the 2 door.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,185 Posts
Our children have all grown so my wife and I got the 2 door. We took the back seat out and leave it in the garage. We have nothing to tow and there’s plenty of room in the back for folding chairs, food, and recover gear when we’re wheeling, and when we go camping we can still stuff all of our things inside. Actually we went camping with 4 people once and strapped all of the camping stuff to the roof, though with 4 camping I bet the 4 door is nicer. We occasionally put the rear seat back in when there’s more than the 2 of us (maybe once or twice a year).
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,474 Posts
New2012JEEP said:
LOL!!!! Same here!!!!

I think you need to think what stuff you are carrying around, and if you need the 4 door for it. Camping, etc...

I look at the 2 door as a cool convertible, that isn't a miata...At all.

I actually did look at 4 door, and thought back how many times my backseat was used in the past year, and could only recall a few occasions, that set my mind for the 2 door.
I had a Yukon that was only full when camping. I just figured I'll get a small trailer for camping trips. Prob solved.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
647 Posts
what jeep needs to do is bring back the YJ style TJ foe the JK that would make them some serious $$$
 
1 - 20 of 209 Posts
Top