Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
don't have lights, wipers or signals. Radio works and air conditioning do work. I think cruise control works because I can turn it on, so I don't think it's the clock spring. I replaced fuse J10, but nothing. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
473 Posts
@JKLife

Sucks having a JK sometimes.. They seem to be very prone to problems. Still under warranty?

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope, just passed 5 years last month

·
Registered
210 Posts
Check the battery and terminal connections for tightness and/or corrosion.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And I had the extended 5 year warranty

·
Premium Member
473 Posts
Everything else works on the steering column? Cruise control?

Do certain portions work? like high beams, but not low beams? Fog lights?

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Everything else works on the steering column? Cruise control?

Do certain portions work? like high beams, but not low beams? Fog lights?
The only thing that works is the cruise control, I can turn it on and see that it is on in the dashboard. I have not tried to see if it works. I will try today after work.

My jeep is fairly basic, manual locks and windows.

·
Premium Member
473 Posts
With the 2007's and up, they have a new totally integrated power module. (TIPM). I had some very weird issues with lights, and turn signals and stuff, but mainly my headlights were turning off and on...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtcY68HiQcU

So I ended up taking it into Jeep, they were able to pull codes from the TIPM, and find out that the PWM module was malfunctioning.

They were able to replace the TIPM unit, and everything works perfectly fine now..

Maybe your issue your running into, but I'd check the TIPM box, to see if there is a blown fuse or something.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I did hit my horn pretty good to someone who cut me off, could that be it? That I partially broke the clock spring

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I did hit my horn pretty good to someone who cut me off, could that be it? That I partially broke the clock spring
I meant I probably broke the clock spring hitting the horn too hard.

Anyone experience broken clock spring before? Symptoms?

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, I was determined to do a full fuse inspection, but I decided to pull the battery first and voila let there be lights and direction indicators, didn't check the horn all are asleep in the house. But that was it

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
FYI my Jeep does this sometimes but the headlights come on automatically and nothing else will work. I'm pretty sure its a TIPM issue but I just disconnect the battery for a minute and the problem is fixed. It happens once a month or so, I haven't figured out any pattern to it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm certainly glad you found it and solved it. I'm in the market for my very first Jeep.
I've been coming to this forum, and looking around. I'm glad you posted your "problem", so others with the same situation could be fore-warned.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
FYI my Jeep does this sometimes but the headlights come on automatically and nothing else will work. I'm pretty sure its a TIPM issue but I just disconnect the battery for a minute and the problem is fixed. It happens once a month or so, I haven't figured out any pattern to it.
Thanks Espo, first time in over 5 years. How many times has it happened to you? Symptoms?

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm certainly glad you found it and solved it. I'm in the market for my very first Jeep.
I've been coming to this forum, and looking around. I'm glad you posted your "problem", so others with the same situation could be fore-warned.
Thanks, lots of useful information on this site. Glad I could help. I am just realizing what a issue this is, search TIPM and lots have different issues. Like the lights coming on by themselves or heater stopped. Crazy issues, too bad that they are not recogizing the issue as a recall

1 - 18 of 18 Posts