Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
..shall not be infringed!
4,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It looks like Jeep engineers have been at work to reduce the risk of ingesting water with the design of the cold air intake for the new engine. There are three protuberances coming off the intake pipe at its highest point after the air filter. they look like they might be a couple of sumps and a one way valved drain for the larger sump? Just a total guess.

Hard to get photos because it's all tucked in under and between all kinds of stuff. But, here's my try.

Overall view of CAI. "Drains are on bottom side of highest, flat-topped section.

View attachment 61408

The three protuberances: (bottom of photo is closest to air cleaner)

View attachment 61409

The 'bulb' at the bottom of the largest one. This is the one that looks like it has some sort of an overflow drain:

View attachment 61410

[Usual caveat... I'm an idiot and could be all wrong on this!]

·
Registered
298 Posts
That's awesome if so. Props to Jeep for making a great vehicle even better. Especially since hydrolocking it would be classified for warranty purposes as "Your own stupid fault."

·
Premium Member
951 Posts
:rofl:I call the bottom one "a view from the underside of a mans genitals".

The middle one is titled "impotent man":rofl:

The top one is "Count Choculas vampire collar"

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Sure looks like they're trying to do somethihng. Is it the same kind of filter as the older model?

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
Hmmm...me likes and I might add that Chrysler is offering 0% financing for 60 months on new 2012 wranglers or 1.9% for 72 months.

"I don't need another wrangler...I don't need another wrangler...keep telling myself."

·
Premium Member
951 Posts
Hmmm...me likes and I might add that Chrysler is offering 0% financing for 60 months on new 2012 wranglers or 1.9% for 72 months.

"I don't need another wrangler...I don't need another wrangler...keep telling myself."
You may want to double check that 0% figure. I understood it to be for 2011 models only.

·
..shall not be infringed!
4,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:rofl:I call the bottom one "a view from the underside of a mans genitals".

The middle one is titled "impotent man":rofl:

The top one is "Count Choculas vampire collar"

No water in So. Cal. or Baja! Maybe it'll work as a sand filter, too! :rofl:

·
Registered
571 Posts
ESP123 said:

2012 can it be really true 0 percent

·
Super Moderator
53,758 Posts
Up Hill Bill said:
It looks like Jeep engineers have been at work to reduce the risk of ingesting water with the design of the cold air intake for the new engine. There are three protuberances coming off the intake pipe at its highest point after the air filter. they look like they might be a couple of sumps and a one way valved drain for the larger sump? Just a total guess.

Hard to get photos because it's all tucked in under and between all kinds of stuff. But, here's my try.

Overall view of CAI. "Drains are on bottom side of highest, flat-topped section.

<attachment>

The three protuberances: (bottom of photo is closest to air cleaner)

<attachment>

The 'bulb' at the bottom of the largest one. This is the one that looks like it has some sort of an overflow drain:

<attachment>

[Usual caveat... I'm an idiot and could be all wrong on this!]
It actually looks like a true CAI setup. All those aftermarket CAI manufactures are going to lose money on this one :)

·
Registered
613 Posts
Looks like a snorkel would be the only other way you would want to go if this set up doesn't meet ones demands.:)

·
Registered
80 Posts
I think they actually do this tune the intake to produce a certain noise. I had a Honda Prelude that had these tubes all around the air intake. At least that's what I was told.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts