Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I' have to say I'm amazed that there are hardly any thread in this forum showing off peoples new JT. Are they just not on the lots yet, people orders are not in yet or are people just not buying them? There were so many people so gung ho about them I just thought by now there would be 100 threads about here is my new JT.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I'll be honest, I haven't seen one on the road, the Jeep Dealerships, or in a local club yet. I think they are overpriced and overhyped at this point....They will come, but it will be if Jeep/Fiat and the Dealers lower the prices down, or when the "used" market eventually starts.

I'm still 50/50 on them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Here in the Detroit MI. region the dealer have lots of Gladiators in inventory ! Mostly the loaded up ones ! I plan on waiting a while till the base model comes in and I can choose from more than four colors.Maybe then the dealer greed will stop and the discounts will be able to be used.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Test drove a fully loaded Rubicon last weekend. Exceeded my expectations. Waiting on the diesel to make a final decision.

Reactions: The542 and bostiguy

·
Registered
544 Posts
I’ve seen a few driving around town, but even more on the lots...I think this explains some of it (granted this is a loaded Rubicon w/dealer lift, etc. but damn....that’s a lot of $ for a f’in Chrysler product)...

sorry about the sideways pic..I have no idea how to fix that...

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Gladiator Overland

I bought a Red Overland on June 7th, and really love it. The ride really surprised me when I test drove it. It's a lot smoother suspension than my previous Wrangler Rubicon. My Gladiator has the larger Rubicon wheel package and has a LOT of clearance. No buyers remorse here :)

Attachments

·
Registered
926 Posts
I just had a conversation with a saleslady in Texas about the gladiator and letting her I will not pay above MSRP and she wants me to come in and test drive one and I'm like "no thanks" It's just a JL I've already driven a JL. It's ridiculous how they are price gouging the hell out of them here in Texas I know it's your guys money but your just making it worse for everyone else by accepting these outrageous prices a regular sport JT going for 45,000?? really RIDICULOUS!

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
I just had a conversation with a saleslady in Texas about the gladiator and letting her I will not pay above MSRP and she wants me to come in and test drive one and I'm like "no thanks" It's just a JL I've already driven a JL. It's ridiculous how they are price gouging the hell out of them here in Texas I know it's your guys money but your just making it worse for everyone else by accepting these outrageous prices a regular sport JT going for 45,000?? really RIDICULOUS!
No, it's not just a JL. It's a completely different platform, and it is substantially different from the JL series.

·
Registered
352 Posts
My dealer in White Lake, MI, has only sold the Gladiators that were customer-ordered. Both average Joe's and local aftermarket companies like AEV and ACE. The ones they've ordered for their lot have not sold at all.

So basically anyone who has already had their heart set on it and had their pen pressed to the check to scribble whatever number Jeep told them has special ordered and bought one. Everyone else has not, and the sales manager acknowledged the issue is the price, and the fact that you can't get employee pricing on it yet.

The radio commercials for various Jeep dealers around here also advertise the "employee pricing for everyone!" sales and at the end say "excluding SRT and Gladiator". That's not helping at all in a local market that uses EP for almost every sale.

Reactions: Gen5Glock21

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Interesting, sounds like it's the same as here in MN. I did go look at them at the dealer over 2 weeks ago and see none on the road, that's not that they are not on the road, I just have not seen one. Anyone who would pay over MSRP is just is crazy because for 61 grand I already think they are crazy. :) I did not even ask if they were wiling to deal because I figured I already knew the answer to the question.

I just thought with all the hype on this forum we would have seen 100 threads , but I guess once people saw the price they said no way and are keeping what they have until the prices come down.

·
Registered
878 Posts
I saw one in my neighborhood a couple weeks ago and it is the only one I've seen in Michigan.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Just was in getting my jeep serviced and checked out the JT. They had three in stock, one Rubi, $59K sticker. Styling needs to grow on me. Sales guy said they are all going out at MSRP. Said I would check back with him in 6 months, lol...

edit: I am not trading an 18 JLU in for a JT but I do have a second car interest

·
Registered
65 Posts
In the northern Dallas area Ive seen 3 on the road plus one at my local dealership . Im really interested in the Rubicon Gladiator but will never pay msrp or over for a jeep. I paid roughly 5% under invoice when I ordered my jk. I will happily wait for the "hype" to die down. Plus I already looked in my area, 5 for sale, none of them manuals. I already know I will have to order from the factory again to get a manual transmission :(

1 - 20 of 129 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.