Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After charging my battery backwards today for about 5 seconds like a dumbass,
my 430n has no power. The fuse is good in the box by the battery, is there another fuse or a reset? I'm not for sure that the reverse charge did it because the battery has been dead for over a week, I replaced it today, and thats when I noticed the radio has no power. Any suggestions?
My Jeep is a 2011

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am betting your battery is toast. And is cause for the 430N problems. Bob K.
I replaced the battery, that's when I noticed the problem so I'm not sure if the reverse charge caused it.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
If you have the premium system, there are two fuses to check. There's one for amp that could be the cause of the issue.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys, I saw the amp fuse in the book but I haven't checked it yet. The dealer tech says the problem should be in that fuse box somewhere.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
After thinking about it, I remember checking the radio and amp fuses and a few others but none looked bad. I'm hoping they can be bad but not show it.
I found today on another jeep site a guy with the exact same scenario and it was his amp fuse.

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
There is a small contact area for both blades on the top of the blade fuses. I have a voltmeter with a small enough tip. I place one end to ground the other to that contact area. I use this method exclusively as I have found blown fuses that looked fine to the naked eye.

Bob K.

·
Premium Member
7,477 Posts
Be sure and post what you found that was causing the problem after it is fixed to possibly help someone else someday if they search and find this thread. Fuse #, location, etc.

·
Registered
851 Posts
There is a small contact area for both blades on the top of the blade fuses. I have a voltmeter with a small enough tip. I place one end to ground the other to that contact area. I use this method exclusively as I have found blown fuses that looked fine to the naked eye.

Bob K.
Yes. And also you can pull the fuse and run a continuity check on it. It is not always apparent to the naked eye.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok found it. It was the Amp fuse.
Seems like that was the only one that I didn't pull. Thanks guys

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
Ok found it. It was the Amp fuse.
Seems like that was the only one that I didn't pull. Thanks guys
Yep, that is what I figured. When mine went out, it took an embarrassing trip to the dealer to find out there was a separate amp fuse.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts