Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess Quadratec isn't doing there forum discounts anymore. I sent a PM requesting a quote on several hundred $s worth of stuff almost a week ago. Just checked and Quadratec was online 6 hours ago and who knows how many times since I PMd. And yet no response. Looks like I'll be shopping elsewhere...

·
Registered
663 Posts
Weird, they usually get back to me within 24 hrs or so? Did you try to call them for the 5%?

·
Registered
416 Posts
Same with mine. Been a week. Bumped my own PM to them. So far... Crickets.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Maybe it's just me, but I'm getting tired of dealing with Quadratec. Seems like they're getting slower, delivery is hit and miss, and their customer service sucks. I'm especially fond of their little self help quadrabot that just runs me in circles from page to page with no answers. I filled out their e-mail form but then it won't let me send. Tried to fill out the chat info, and it won't let me finish that either. Both just 'sit' with no action. Both computer and my phone. I think I'm done.
Like I said, maybe it's just me.

·
Premium Member
1,943 Posts
I believe the owner (guy who started it back in 1989 as a catalog service) is/has transitioned the business to his son. My guess is the changes are Covid related and to some degree a change in operating procedures with the new 'owner'. I've heard of other changes too that are resulting from the ownership change. Take this with a 'grain of salt' as I may be misinformed.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Same situation, PM'd for discount and heard nothing back. Was told they are backed up due to COVID. I was able to secure the forum discount yesterday (4/8/21) by calling my order into a sales rep. Was on hold for 15 minutes to get to a rep, but was worth it to get the discount.

·
Registered
7,872 Posts
This type of thing seems very common in the age of the China virus.

I was at the ophthalmologist last week and a guy came up to the door saying he had been calling for three days trying to make an appointment, gets voicemail every time, and no one gets back to him. The woman manning the door told him there was no one at the office that could make an appointment for him and he needs to call. The poor guy was getting irate and I thought he might blow a fuse any minute. The woman didn’t do a very good CS job and that didn’t help. She didn’t even offer to take his name and number. I concluded that the person taking appointments was offsite.

In another example, it took me 3 or 4 phone calls over a period of a week to get ahold of a guy at a rifle company. This is a very reputable company that has been in business a long time. He apologized and was very helpful once I did track him down.

People and companies are very overloaded. Some companies seem to have figured out how to manage things, but from my experience the majority are having trouble. Don’t be “that guy” who blows a fuse. It just makes things worse for everyone else.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I used to buy all my Jeep stuff from them. A couple of weeks ago I was considering a transmission crossmember, and they were $40 higher than anyone else. I reached out via email and received no response. Then I noticed that their ads showed it at the lower price, but clicking through, it was still overpriced on their site. So I sent them the screen shot via private message on this site. Still no response.

·
Premium Member
1,943 Posts
Phone is your best bet these days with Q’tech. You will be on hold for a while, but they do eventually pick up. This is just about the only avenue to ensure you get your discount.

·
Registered
480 Posts
They are local, and still have fast shipping, so I will still use them. But am more likely to go directly to the manufacturer site now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts