Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the Jeep back on the road today, realized when the guy behind me blared his horn that my right turn signal doesn't work :pcwhack:

The hazards work all 4-ways. The left turn signal works great. The brake lights are no problem.

Just the right turn signal doesn't work. It doesn't show up on the dash (unless I turn on the hazards) and the front and rear light aren't shining.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
For starters, check the bulbs on that side. If one is broken, it could be causing a short on that side.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For starters, check the bulbs on that side. If one is broken, it could be causing a short on that side.
They both work when the hazard switch is on and the bulb in the dash lights up with the hazard switch.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Thank you OP for posting this. My husband last night said that my also front passenger side turn signal is out. Will need to fix it soon. Interested to see what everyone says. My bulb isn't broken. Would this be a fuse issue? Or an actual bulb issue seeing when I turn my right signal on it will blink really fast.

·
Mostly old school..!
12,149 Posts
Thank you OP for posting this. My husband last night said that my also front passenger side turn signal is out. Will need to fix it soon. Interested to see what everyone says. My bulb isn't broken. Would this be a fuse issue? Or an actual bulb issue seeing when I turn my right signal on it will blink really fast.
Change the bulb and inspect the socket for corrosion.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Could be in the turn signal switch in the column. Maybe the contacts for the right side are bad, since you said the hazards work.

·
Mostly old school..!
12,149 Posts
Is there an easy way to take out and replace the bulb?

For the front one in the fender, unscrew the two screws in the lens, pull the fixture out, then give the lamp holder a quarter turn, and remove the bulb. If it's the side marker light, reach behind the flare, grab the lamp holder and give it a quarter turn and it will come out of the fixture.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts