Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a daystar panel that fits in front of the shifter (automatic) where the little cargo net panel normally resides.

I had 2 switches wired up and was able to get the panel pushed back in. I now have 2 more switches to install but when i do, there is simply not a lot of room behind the panel and all the wires are pushing the panel out.

I'm using spade connectors but was wondering if i should simply solder the wire connections on the top of the buttons so the wire connectors dont shoot straight out.

Anyone have any tips on wiring switches into this panel?

·
Super Moderator
8,238 Posts
I don't have a technical answer but I can tell you I have 5 switches there on the Daystar panel. We took the wires to a fuse relay box thing that lives behind the glove compartment where there is more room.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, the bulk of the wires are the 12v accessory feeds (2 per switch) and grounds (2 per switch). I am using a Cat5 network cable that i stripped the ends with to run the switched line to a box i have in the engine compartment. In that box are all the relay's and fuses I need.

·
Registered
907 Posts
I used 90* spade connectors on mine and just alternated them , worked fine I have five switches in panel...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts