Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, NYC is finally getting some tolerable/nice warmer days, so I decided I'd take off some doors today. Unfortunately, I live in a pretty small 1 bedroom basement apartment with my girlfriend & space is majorly limited. I underestimated the size of the front 2 doors... Well lets just say Im probably going to have to put them back on until I can move into a bigger space. Im pretty bummed out because then enjoyment factor of driving a jeep goes up x1000 when its doorless & topless. anyway, I envy all of you out there with garages &/or backyards!... one day ... one day

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I know what you mean. The first 2 summers I had my Jeep I had to keep the doors on due to storage issues. Summer #3 is about here and I will FINALLY be able to take the doors off since we just bought a house so having a garage will be great.

I realize it'll be a PITA every time you want to take the doors off but maybe consider a storage unit and store the doors there for the day? Or maybe a family member or friend that has a garage?

·
Premium Member
4,392 Posts
If you sell those wheels in your laundry room you'll cash to spend on your GF and the. She won't mind if you leave your doors around the appartment

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
@ Vaderjk... I've been considering the option of a storage unit for them, but even that isn't cheap or ideal @~$100 per month for the smallest rooms. I may try to convince my landlord to allow me to stow them in his yard, but it's not likely as he has young children that play back there.

@jkjeeper06, I am currently trying to sell the old wheels as that will free up some space, but the doors won't fit in the corner where the wheels are stacked. Also, that's my kitchen/living room not the laundry room haha... The jk door is conveniently placed in front of the refrigerator door.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts