Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2.5 BODY lift and 0" suspension lift with 33" tires. I started experiencing wobble and upon checking the TB joints discovered the passenger side had play in it. After removing the mounting hole and bolt seem to have a lot of play, I would like to replace track bar with something stronger and that will accept more torque. From research it appears without lift the more beefier TB's will most likely rub the gear housing cover?? Metalcloak might work?? Any and all suggestions appreciated, I'm new to this game and just want the strongest solution. Thanks

97 TJ

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
The only reason the bolt had play was because it was loose. Torque it correctly and move on. There is no benefit to an aftermarket track bar if there is no spring lift.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The only reason the bolt had play was because it was loose. Torque it correctly and move on. There is no benefit to an aftermarket track bar if there is no spring lift.
Thank you for your input, the bolt is torqued to 55ft LBS. Maybe there should be bushing movement upon turning the steering wheel 1/4 turns each way, I don't know what is normal, from what I've read there should be minimal movement if any. I had my first episode of death wobble and trying to find the cause and eliminate it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts