Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's awesome that I'm never tailgated in my jeep by men. Especially men with lifted trucks and jeeps. Women occasionally do, but I give them a pass due to general cluelessness. I also notice that FJ guys look away when passing by. Must be a feeling of inadequacy?

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
I'm just not willing to go faster than I need to in my lifted Jeep. On highways I stay right or middle. It wouldn't take too much at high speeds to make me unstable, especially with the killer aerodynamics and when people start darting in and out and making sudden lane changes...well, I'm better off just staying out of that whole scene

·
Commercial Member
1,550 Posts
I'm just not willing to go faster than I need to in my lifted Jeep. On highways I stay right or middle. It wouldn't take too much at high speeds to make me unstable, especially with the killer aerodynamics and when people start darting in and out and making sudden lane changes...well, I'm better off just staying out of that whole scene
But you have an AEV lift, I thought those made the Jeeps handle like they are on rails?!?:censored:

·
Registered
528 Posts
For some reason, my JKR was a tailgate magnet. People were always behind me and getting So close I could no longer see their tail lights.

Usually if they get carried away I just turn up the music and start gently slowing down...

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
But you have an AEV lift, I thought those made the Jeeps handle like they are on rails?!?:censored:
Right - I keep forgetting that! Rails lol

·
Registered
37 Posts
I get tailgated a lot, mostly by those damn camaros and mustangs that just wanna be loud asshats and showoff. I do accelerate quite slowly most of the time cause i try to keep the ECO light on even tho it hasnt helped my 11-12mpg. If someone is tailgating the crap outta me then I will either speed up and leave them behind, or if theyre really being annoying and honking when there are 2-3 other FREE lanes next to them but they insist on being in the one Im in, then I'll spray the rear window fluid or maybe spit some dip out the window in hopes of getting it on their windshield since they wanna be asshats.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
I get tailgated a lot, mostly by those damn camaros and mustangs that just wanna be loud asshats and showoff. I do accelerate quite slowly most of the time cause i try to keep the ECO light on even tho it hasnt helped my 11-12mpg. If someone is tailgating the crap outta me then I will either speed up and leave them behind, or if theyre really being annoying and honking when there are 2-3 other FREE lanes next to them but they insist on being in the one Im in, then I'll spray the rear window fluid or maybe spit some dip out the window in hopes of getting it on their windshield since they wanna be asshats.
The Eco light does absolutely nothing, you don't need it. Keep the RPMs low and be light on the throttle. I tuned off that shit before I left the dealership. Having the display show the radio station is far more important.

I can't do much for trucks but if someone in a car is on my ass I turn on the Rigids in my bumper. They usually back off. lol

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Idiot spear

·
Registered
517 Posts
I've got the same beaver step, I wish it was little longer so it cleared the tire. I've thought about painting some yellow stripes on it to make it stand out a little more.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts