Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of questions here, when I took delivery of my 13' sport hard top it did not have a users/owners manual or tool to remove the hard top.

Is this right? The sales person apologized for the manual missing and said he would get one sent to me. Should there have been a tool also?

·
Registered
325 Posts
What tool would you need, other than a screw driver? Do they still used Torx bolts for the hard top? That would still only require a Torx head screwdriver or socket. I'm not familiar with the new hard tops so I'm scratching my head wondering WTH new silly thing they did now.

My 13 "owners manual" was actually on a DVD tucked in a cool looking canvas envelope with a users guide and a bunch of other stuff.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bone:

Yes it's just Torx bolts but I didnt know if I was supposed to be looking for a tool anywhere. I can pick up a torx set and get a rachet or screw driver and keep it in there but I was just wondering.

I wonder what in the hell happend to my manual and DVD though. The glove compartment had wheel locks in it from the dealer and I bet the tech that installed them didnt put the manual back in there.

Anywho...

·
Registered
588 Posts
Mine didn't either. From what I heard, none of them do. They have a quick reference guide, but that's pretty much it. But if you are the first owner (which sounds like you are) just call Jeep 877-426-5337...they will send you one. Mine came in less than a week after I called.

·
Premium Member
7,230 Posts
As mentioned above, you can call and get a free hard copy of the owners manual if you're the original owner. You can also d/l one in pdf format free of charge. They no longer come with an owners manual from the factory, just an owners guide.

Jeep Owners Manual

·
Registered
753 Posts
The DVD doesn't have much but you can get full manual on internet. Just google for it. I bought my own torx set. You'll need it to take off doors and just about anything else. you should have a quick reference guide with pictures which shows how to take the top off. You tube also has lot's of videos.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Not to Hijack the thread, but does anyone know Torx size? Looking to grab one on my way home from work. And it is the same for the door hinges?

·
Registered
152 Posts
not to hijack the thread, but does anyone know torx size? Looking to grab one on my way home from work. And it is the same for the door hinges?
It's a T40.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts