Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, maybe I asked for this by posting in another thread that my heater was almost too hot...but I came out of the barn to head home tonight and basically, it was like full AC cold air was pouring out...not only not hot or warm, but much colder than outside...engine temp is normal, turning AC on and off had no affect, changing the temperature dial had no affect either...

I thought I read this in another thread...something about resetting the system but couldn't find it when I searched...

Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
4,392 Posts
You can reset a lot of things on your computer if you undo the positive wire to your battery and leave it disconnected for a whole

You will FAIL a computer scan tho for 30 days or so, so if you have to get your jeep inspected I wouldn't advise this

·
Registered
37 Posts
i had the same thing happen to me except i was overheating, turned out to be a cracked thermostat housing

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've been following the above referenced thread, but it seemed different....mine wasn't just not hot, it was AC cold....

Today it started out the same, so I turned the AC on ( pushed the knob) left it for 5 minutes, then turned it off and it did shut off...then heat came on no problem, and the very hot heat I'm used to....seems fine now...not sure what "fixed" it, but it's working correctly....

·
Registered
26,921 Posts
Damn electronic controls. I miss the days of push pull cables.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Well, mine was doing the same thing took it in and they said it was fine. It's kind of weird I get luke warm air out of vents but when on defrost its cool air.

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My heat is again blistering...but I don't like that I don't know what fixed it...

I'm with you, SilverSport...damn electical gremlins.....

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'm going to roast my Thanksgiving Turkey on the floorboards of passenger side. :)

·
Registered
8,929 Posts
My heat is again blistering...but I don't like that I don't know what fixed it...

I'm with you, SilverSport...damn electical gremlins.....
Do you have any dealer-installed farkles or electronic gizmos that you've added?
Sounds like a TIPM glitch.

I've seen electronic steering, windshield wipers, and radios do strange things on their own after people stick in the DDM-style HID kits...

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No farkles or gizmos...in fact, I'm almost ashamed to admit I'm driving almost entirely stock, except for Ace Rock Rails...no nav system, no fancy stereo...

Heat is working great again...fingers crossed as winter approaches!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts