Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there, new to the thread but have owned 5 diff Jeeps. Recently purchased a used 2017 JK Wrangler Sport. Drove fine, everything worked well first week. Came out the other morning and battery was dead. Attempted to jump, wouldn't charge. Took out the battery, tested and showed a dying/dead battery reading.
Bought a new battery, installed and then...
nofuse warning message appears when odometer reading displays
Jeep ignition works, but seems sluggish to shut off when the key ignition is turned off
- 430 Uconnect radio system dead
- Interior fan system, light on right dial/system options blinks - fan won't engage for 30 seconds, then does engage and all systems work including AC
- key (older key with lock/unlock func) won't allow door lock/unlock to work
- dome lights work when manually engaged but not upon door open/close

Checked online about which fuses to check. Visual inspection shows no bad fuses. Testing voltage later this morning.

I know, I know, I should not have replaced battery without a consistent power supply to computer but I believed the power supply was already disconnected due to the battery dying.

Anybody ever see the same type of issues from a simple battery replacement?
Any help is greatly appreciated before I have to the dealer route.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
688 Posts
Read on another forum someone having the same issue, though not after a battery replacement. They said they reseated the IOD fuse and solved the issue. Apparently the IOD ignition off draw fuse is removed during transit so the battery doesn’t discharge if it sits for a while.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all!
I ran through a number of scenarios.
The new battery def tested solid.
The IOD Fuse def needs to be securely pushed down. It was down, but not all the way secured. IF you have a similar issue make very certain the fuse has full connection/all the way down.
I think the initial attempt to jump may have shorted a few fuses. While none looked blown, I did change out all the fuses that were connected to the issues (even though they tested Ok).

After securing the IOD fuse AND changing out the others, all is well and have enjoyed the sunny days with air in the hair.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top