Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2015 JKU on 35 ATs...
This is a new noise and feeling that happend today. While driving on the highway at speeds over 55, we noticed a strange noise that kept coming at random from under the body. We thought it was the tires because The noise sounded like we were running over small potholes or cracks in the road (but we were not). It would happen at random times. You could also feel a thud under your feet, especially when we had our feet close to the door jam. We got off the hwy and I had her drive it in a parking lot while I checked each tire. They all appeared fine. After an hour of driving back on the highway we kept hearing it and feeling it so we pulled over. Here's what was odd... we were riding with the top (Bestop trektop nx) halfway open. After we closed it, we no longer heard or felt the issue. The only thing different in riding with the top back was 2 days before we had to remove the top way back to install a sunshade and we possibly didn't get the center back on all the way correct. Could this be a coincidence, or could the wind have caused it to flap against the frame somehow snd possibly felt like it was coming from the bottom or tires?

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Yup, wind buffeting the top

·
Registered
24 Posts
Check to see if your fender liners are loose. I had a thumping under my left foot at highway speeds and the liner was flapping a bit. Zip tie fixed it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts