Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i have 1995 2.5, 5 speed, when i am going down the road, there is like a squealing or squeaking noise coming from the rear i believe its from the brake area, and when i hit the brakes its a even louder squealing noise, i took off the tires today to rotate them and check brakes and drums, and the brakes have alot of life left on them and the drums seem not to be warped because the brakes are wearing even, but this noise is driving me insane! please help!

also i havent posted a pic of the jeep yet because i cant figure out how to so if you wanna explain how to post pic to that would help to haha, i got the jeep two weeks ago and its amazing! first time jeep owner!

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
Might not be brakes how about the U-joints. Or you may have something else going on. Drive a friend and have him help locate the noise. He can jump in the back or hang out the window.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats what i need to do, and i have a recipe where the guy said he put new u joints and gears in right before i bought it

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
It could be a bad axle bearing. They "squeek" when they're on there way out. Driver's side usually goes first due to increased wear from crowning in the roads.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts