Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 06 LJ and out of no where yesterday morning it started making a slight metal on metal squeking noise. I thought it would be a rock or something stuck between the caliper and rotor but its coming from the front axle/transfer case area. Kind of sounds like the grinding is traveling through the driveshaft. I have very little experience with the drivetrain and I don't want to break the bank taking it to a shop. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Weaver said:
I have an 06 LJ and out of no where yesterday morning it started making a slight metal on metal squeking noise. I thought it would be a rock or something stuck between the caliper and rotor but its coming from the front axle/transfer case area. Kind of sounds like the grinding is traveling through the driveshaft. I have very little experience with the drivetrain and I don't want to break the bank taking it to a shop. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Mine had the same thing, had to lube the track bar at the frame mount. Check all of your grease fittings.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have a similar noise but only when it's sure cold out and only after going around 20 mph and faster.

Thinking mine might be "angry sparrows". Search it and see if it sounds like your issue as well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a similar noise but only when it's sure cold out and only after going around 20 mph and faster.

Thinking mine might be "angry sparrows". Search it and see if it sounds like your issue as well.
Appreciate the help. I searched through a few posts so I figured it would be the driveshaft. I took it off earlier today and went for a drive and no more noise. I guess I'll start changing the u-joints.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts