Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my lift kit in about a week ago and after a celebratory trip offroading in a very muddy place. Now I here a pinging noise when I am driving and the occasional clunking noise when I turn. I do not know if it is from the lift or from offroading.
Parts of my lift are
JKS 1.25" BL
JKS 1" Budget MML
2.5 Inch OME suspension lift
JKS adjustable front and rear track bars
JKS quick disconects
JKS rear sway bar links
(DPG offroad ultimate kit)

The pinging sounds like a rattling of the engine between the MML. I am going to look under the jeep today and check everything. Is the clunking when turning and rattling/pinging normal noises.

·
Registered
8,402 Posts
Check your exhaust system over too while you are under the Jeep. Not uncommon for a hanger or weld to break loose, or exhaust tubing to bend/tweek, due to wheelin. Once mine was rattlin the cat on the skid after wheelin.

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
Use some common sense here.....

Generally when you hear a clunk, clank, squeek, or whatever you want to call it, wouldn't it only make sense for that to be the direct result of 1) something being loose and/or 2) improper contact?

Now that we've got that out of the way, now you've got to worry about finding out where it's coming from. The more experience you gain and the more knowledge you gain on suspension and drivetrain, the easier this will become. Again, some logic and common sense go a long way here. Find the noise and fix it.

Nobody can tell you where your noises are coming from. We could take some wild guesses but considering you're the one with the Jeep at your disposal, you're the best candidate to determine what's causing the noises. So get to work. :thumb:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts