Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

So I know strange noises are just part of owning a jeep, but I've noticed a new one today. When I first start her up in the morning, I hear a slight squeak(sounds like serpentine belt/worn out pulley). However, when parked, in neutral, I press in the clutch pedal, and the squealing gets a bit louder and more pronounced. Still sounds like a loose belt, but it worries me since it gets worse with the clutch pedal being pressed. Once everything is warm, it seems to go away. '95 2.5l 5spd...

Thanks for any input!
Chris

·
Registered
86 Posts
from what I have read researching my knocking noise the squeak could be the throwout bearing.

or

you have a little animal stuck behind the clutch pedal and you are squishing him....gremlin maybe?

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Its one of the four angry squirrels under your hood:whistling:
It sounds like the throwout bearing is going dry...

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
whiteyj said:
Yep - - throwout bearing.
Yikes, was afraid of that. Involves dropping transfer case and trans right? It obviously depends on d riving habits, but is that common for a jeep with only 50k miles on it?

Thanks guys!
Chris

·
Premium Member
3,316 Posts
I have the same issue in my S10 right now, definitely the throw out bearing.

My wife's Miata had the same issue about 300 miles before it left her stranded with no clutch feel. If you're gonna do the throw out bearing, plan on doing a whole new clutch while you're at it. If you're going to have it open, might as well spend a little more and refresh everything inside.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts