Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few days ago, out of the blue, one average chilly evening, I backed out of a parking spot to leave work and heard a strange rubbing noise. It got worse as I cranked the wheel further. It was coupled with another siren-like noise that was very faint but consistent the entire 20 miles home. I pulled into the garage, lifted the hood & didn't hear anything.

Same thing the next morning and evening. It seems to happen when the weather is colder. I tried to reproduce the noise in the middle of a warm day and no luck.

I've searched the forums and I can say it probably isn't tires rubbing because they're the same size I've had for years.

I just replaced front right caliper & the noise happens when I'm turning both right and left and when I'm backing up and going forward.

If I can't diagnose this and learn how to fix it myself I may have to give up the jeep. (strapped for cash - mom just helped with some repairs & says I need a more sensible car & the only help she can justify giving now is co-signing on a tiny economy size car. I'm grateful & I understand but I really love my jeep)

I would appreciate any help I can get from the forums.

Thanks in advance!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts